Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Delaware day care workers accused of running toddler fight club

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Published August 21, 2012FoxNews.com

Video at the Page Link:

Somebody talked about fight club.

Three Delaware day care employees have been accused of encouraging toddlers to fight each other while the children were under their care.
    CBS Philly reported that Tiana Harris, 19, Lisa Parker, 47, and Estefania Myers, 21, employees of the Hands of Our Future Daycare in Dover, were arrested after a cellphone video emerged of them allegedly encouraging two 3-year-olds to fight in an organized battle.
    Police said in the video one child is heard yelling, "He’s pinching me!" A day care worker allegedly responded, "No pinching, only punching."
    "It was a difficult video to watch," Dover Police Capt. Tim Stump told FoxNews.com. "One of the kids involved ran over to one of the adults for protection, but she turned him around back into the fight."
    The video was taken in March, Stump said. Two of the suspects could be seen encouraging the fight, while the other filmed it with her cellphone camera, he said.
    Stump said neither of the toddlers suffered serious injuries, but said it was "painfully clear that they were hurting each other."
    "The bottom line is that the kids were whaling on each other and the adults were doing nothing to stop it," Stump said. "In fact, they were egging it on."
    Parents of day care students went to a meeting Monday and were informed about the alleged video. Stump said the parents voiced concern, but commended them for their composure.
    "It's very disturbing to think anything like that could go on," Amy Bickerling, whose 4-year-old son is enrolled at the center, told Delaware Online. "I know these teachers. I go on all the field trips. I've never seen anything irregular."
    Stump said a full investigation is under way. There is no evidence yet to suggest these fights occurred more than once, but authorities will be conducting interviews with some of the students, he said.
    He called the suspects "cooperative" and said they posted $10,000 bond.
    The three women were charged with assault, endangering the welfare of a child, reckless endangering and conspiracy.

Fox News' Edmund DeMarche contributed to this report

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/21...er-fight-club/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Delaware's Last Honest Toddler Fight Club Was Shut Down Yesterday

Since toddlers were first domesticated thousands of years ago, they have been prized for their sweet faces and their deadly skill in hand-to-hand combat. Now three daycare workers in Delaware have been arrested for giving toddlers a theater in which to hone their innate violent tendencies. Secret Toddler Fight Club is no more.
    19-year-old Tiana Harris, 21-year-old Estefania Myers and 47-year-old Lisa Parker of Dover's Hands of Our Future daycare were arrested Monday after detectives received cell phone video they say shows the women encouraging toddlers to battle one another.
    In the footage, which police claim they are not releasing because it is "evidence," but probably they're just sitting on it while they make copies for all their friends because it sounds awesome, two three-year-olds are seen scrapping in the center of a room while adults cheer them on.
    Here are the rules of Toddler Fight Club, based on the information the detectives have released about the video:
    I. No pinching. In the video, one child is reportedly heard yelling "He pinched me!" (snitch). One of the daycare workers then reminds her young warriors there is "No pinching! Only punching!"
    II. Only punching. Technically, this is part of the "no pinching" clause, but it could also be extended to life outside of the toddler gladiatorial arena. Just only ever be punching. If you find yourself doing something other than punching, punch that thing in the face and keep on punching. There is only punching.
    III. No babies. Dover Police Captain Tim Stump says the video catches one crying child attempting to forfeit the game, only to be pushed back into the fray by one of the workers. If you're going to behave like a baby, you are not welcome in Toddler Fight Club.
    Following the incident, Hands of Our Future Daycare has had its license revoked.
    All previously scheduled Toddler Fights have definitely not been moved behind Lord and Taylor on Market Street and betting absolutely is not open until 6:30 p.m. tonight.
    [CBS Philly // Newsworks // Image via Shutterstock]

http://gawker.com/5936577/delawares-...down-yesterday

Posted in: Crime Posted: August 21, 2012

Toddler Fight Club Allegedly Run By Delaware Daycare Employees

Dover, DE – Somebody talked about fight club, toddler fight club that is. Three Delaware day care staffers charged with engaging in a toddler fight club are behind bars. Hands of Our Future Daycare employees were arrested after a cellphone video of the alleged toddler fight club surfaced.

The toddler fight club allegedly involved Hands of Our Future Daycare workers encouraging several 3-year-old toddlers to fight in an organized manner, but biting was permitted, according to audio heard on the toddler fight club video. Daycare employee arrests include Estefania Myers, 21, Tiana Harris, 19, and Lisa Parker, 47.

“It was a difficult video to watch. One of the kids involved ran over to one of the adults for protection, but she turned him around back into the fight,” Dover Police Captain Tim Stump stated during a Fox News interview. “The bottom line is that kids were whaling on each other and the adults were doing nothing to stop it. In fact, they were egging it on.”

Capt. Stump also noted that none of the children involved in the toddler fight club video sustained any serious injuries during the alleged fights at the Delaware Hands of Our Future Daycare. The Dover police officer did acknowledge that it was “painfully clear” from watching the video that the toddlers fighting at the daycare center were hurting each other. Delaware police officers believe that one of the three Hands of Our Future Daycare staffers made the toddler fight club video while the other two watched the children, CBS Philly reports.

Dover police are still investigating the toddler fight club report but have not yet found any evidence pointing to anything but a one-time occurrence at the Hands of Our Future Daycare center. The toddler fight club suspects are reportedly being cooperative and were released from jail after posting bond. The three daycare instructors arrested in relation to the toddler fight club were charged with endangering the welfare of a child, assault, reckless endangering, and conspiracy.

http://www.inquisitr.com/308170/toddler-fight-club/

Toddler fight club: Delaware daycare workers arrested after allegedly encouraging children to punch each other

National Post Staff | 12/08/21 | Last Updated: 12/08/21 11:44 PM ET
    More from National Post Staff

AP Photo/Jason MintoHands of Our Future Day Care on Monday in Dover, Del.

AP Photo/Jason MintoAll three workers are charged with felony assault and conspiracy, as well as several misdemeanor counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
    Three daycare workers in Delaware have been arrested for allegedly encouraging toddlers to fight each other.
    Police said they were shocked when they came across a video that recorded a fight between two three-year-olds while investigating another matter.
    “It was a difficult video to watch,” Dover Police Captain Tim Stump told FoxNews.com.
    He told the local NBC station that the kid “were just whaling on each other. I mean punching, slapping, pinching, throwing each other into tables.
    “Clearly one of the children is crying and does not want to continue on and he is pushed back into the fray by one of the adults.”
    Capt. Stump said it was clear the adults were “egging” the children on.
    In the video, one child is heard yelling, “He’s pinching me.” A daycare worker allegedly responded, “No pinching, only punching.”
    Maybe there’s more times that it happened — and it’s not on video and the parents don’t know
    On Monday, Delaware police arrested Tiana Harris, 19, Estefania Myers, 21, and Lisa Parker, 47, on charges of endangering the welfare of a child, reckless endangering and conspiracy. They are out on bail.
    They worked at the Hands of Our Future Day Care in Dover, which has now been shut and its licence suspended. They were arrested after police discovered a cellphone video taken by one of the workers in March showing employees watching, and encouraging two three-year-olds to fight.
    Police said they had found only one video but at least one parent with a child at the centre said she feared it could have happened before.
    “I’m just worried that it could have been my son…. Maybe there’s more times that it happened — and it’s not on video and the parents don’t know,” Melissa McMullen told a CBS station in Delaware.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/08...ch-each-other/

The First Rule of Toddler Fight Club is… Wait, did you say ‘Toddler Fight Club?’

WRITTEN BY VINCE MANCINI / 08.22.12

Three daycare workers in Delaware have been arrested for allegedly “encouraging toddlers under their watch to fight for sport.” Whoa, ladies, what are you trying to do, win the award for awesomest day care ever?! THE FIRST RULE OF TODDLER FIGHT CLUB IS… YOU’RE NOT OLD ENOUGH TO POSSESS THE VOCABULARY NEEDED TALK ABOUT TODDLER FIGHT CLUB!
    According to police, Tiana Harris, 19, Lisa Parker, 47, and Estefania Myers, 21, were captured in a cell phone video egging on two three-year-old children to get physical for the fun of it at the Hands of Our Future Daycare in Dover, Delaware.
    In the footage, taken in March, a toddler’s voice is heard crying out in pain, ‘He’s pinching me,’ as the little one tries to break free from a scuffle with another youngster.
    Shockingly, the voice of one of the workers responds, ‘No pinching, only punching’ as the worker guides the child to stay in the fight zone at the center.
    7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to.
    ‘Clearly one of the children is crying and does not want to continue on and he is pushed back into the fray by one of the adults,’ Dover Police Captain Tim Stump told KYW-TV.
    3rd RULE: If someone says “stop” or goes limp, taps out the fight is over. Okay, I think they might have actually broken this one.
    A mother of a child at the same day care, Cristyl Slack, said that her four-year-old daughter was in the room and witnessed the attack when the fight happened in March.
    ‘I can’t ever believe in a million years,’ another stunned mother, Amy Bickling, said, ‘I mean I would have to see the proof to believe it.’
    The fight footage is considered evidence in the case and is not being showed to the public or parents.
    The Dover child care facility has had its license suspended over the incident, pending a hearing. A City of Dover Code Enforcement sign was posted to the door reading: ‘Danger. This structure is declared unsafe for human occupancy or use. It is unlawful for any person to use or occupy this building. Any unauthorized person removing this sign will be prosecuted.’
    I’m with the mother, I’d like to see the video. In this Disney Channel world we’ve created, who knows, playing tag too hard could be considered an underground fight club. And anyway, I’d rather have my kids fight to the death than see them grow up to play competitive quidditch. Or maybe they were actually throwing real punches like the report says. Big deal, they were probably just playing Duck-Duck-Snitch.
    [via DailyMail]

TAGS: BABY FIGHT CLUB, DELAWARE, FIGHT CLUB, HANDS OF OUR FUTURE, LIFE IMITATING ART

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2012/08/...ler-fight-club