Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    They can't!!! That is why I said this:

"As long as there are strict employee work place standards."

China will not do it or they will raise the prices because they HAVE to do it. It then means that it is no longer as beneficial to import products from China, instead of producing them in the US!!!
    Oh. I guess I didn't understand that's what you meant by work place standards. Sorry.

I'm no expert on trade policy, but do nations usually tell other nations what wages they have to pay? Also, if they don't agree, does that mean we don't trade with them at all?
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    They can't!!! That is why I said this:

"As long as there are strict employee work place standards."

China will not do it or they will raise the prices because they HAVE to do it. It then means that it is no longer as beneficial to import products from China, instead of producing them in the US!!!
    Oh. I guess I didn't understand that's what you meant by work place standards. Sorry.

I'm no expert on trade policy, but do nations usually tell other nations what wages they have to pay? Also, if they don't agree, does that mean we don't trade with them at all?
    No problem.

I believe that they can get into the work place standards. Because if they don't, and continue to buy products---then that is encouraging the employee abuse!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Re: John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by dk2
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachPie
    Quote Originally Posted by ymeoru
    Did you notice that they're all treating John McCain as the front runner?
    Most definately. I wonder why?
    Possibly because they know that he is the 'chosen one' by the 'handlers' for the Republicans. I cannot fathom how his campaign, on the verge of extinction , with literally no money left, has risen like a Pheonix to "front runner" status. One thing is certain...I am slowly losing faith in our electoral process.
    Because he is being pushed by the media, Democrats, illegal support groups, etc.!!!

The Dems want McCain---------because his pro-war campaign would be the EASIEST to beat!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Did you guys love how they g l o s s e d over the question "Will the comprehensive healthcare program insure illegal immigrants?"

Not one straight answer from any of the fools; other than Hitlery stating in her shrill voice "Everyone deserves healthcare."

They never mention HOW they will pay for this debacle but I think we all know who will pay. . . and it won't be the illegals!!
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Re: Part of Their Plan

Quote Originally Posted by ymeoru
    It's part of their plan...

Did you hear them say - McCain wants to keep troops in Iraq for 50 years, for 100 years? That's how they would beat him.

What rational person wants to be in Iraq, 100 years from now?
    Remember when about 4 months ago while speaking in Iowa----McCain was asked what he would do about Iran.........

Remember he sang/said----bomb bomb bomb---bomb bomb Iran (Beach Boys, Barbara Ann).

They would just play that news clip!!

I hope everyone e-mails CNN and lets them know how pathetic the rhetoric was in this debate...Wolf did a terrible Job. They refuse to talk about the one subject that has to do so much with the economy and that is illegal immigration...

E-MAIL CNN and just maybe we will get a half way decent debate the 30 and 31 of this month.

They are full of crap they have know idea if Mc Cain is going to get the nomination... it was more rhetoric.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    I hope everyone e-mails CNN and lets them know how pathetic the rhetoric was in this debate...Wolf did a terrible Job. They refuse to talk about the one subject that has to do so much with the economy and that is illegal immigration...

E-MAIL CNN and just maybe we will get a half way decent debate the 30 and 31 of this month.

They are full of crap they have know idea if Mc Cain is going to get the nomination... it was more rhetoric.
    What general email address are you using??

Quote Originally Posted by PeachPie
    Hillary wants us to all have universal healthcare. God save us, we will be just like Canada and the other countries, dying in the hospital hallways.

Have you seen the movie "Sicko?" First Micheal Moore flick I'd ever seen and I do have to give the guy some credit for opening up my eyes to some things. Really, check it out...nobody dying in hallways there. Also several years ago we met some couples visiting from France and they LOVE the fact that they have no bills/ no worries about going to the doctor or hospital for help and they also enjoy the 5 vacation weeks a year along with the very low cost child care services.

Duplicate post

Banned
    Clinton, Obama Engage in Bitter Debate
    2008-01-22
    By NEDRA PICKLER Associated Press Writer

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) —
    Democratic presidential rivals Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama accused each other of repeatedly and deliberately distorting the truth for political gain Monday night in a highly personal, finger-wagging debate that ranged from the war in Iraq to Bill Clinton's role in the campaign.

Obama told the former first lady he was helping unemployed workers on the streets of Chicago when "you were a corporate lawyer sitting on the board at Wal-Mart."

Moments later, Clinton said that she was fighting against misguided Republican policies "when you were practicing law and representing your contributor ... in his slum landlord business in inner city Chicago."

Obama seemed particularly irritated at the former president, whom he accused in absentia of uttering a series of distortions to aid his wife's presidential effort.

"I'm here. He's not," she snapped.

"Well, I can't tell who I'm running against sometimes," Obama countered.

The two rivals, joined by former Sen. John Edwards, debated at close quarters five days before the South Carolina primary — and 15 days before the equivalent of a nationwide primary across 20 states that will go a long way toward settling the battle for the party's nomination.

Hillary Clinton was the national front-runner for months in the race, but Obama won the kickoff Iowa caucuses three weeks ago, knocking her off-stride. She recovered quickly, winning the New Hampshire primary in an upset, and on Saturday, won the popular vote in the Nevada caucuses while Obama won one more delegate than she.

The Democratic electorate in South Carolina is expected to be roughly 50 percent black, an evident advantage for Obama in a historic race that matches a black man against a woman.

Even in the superheated atmosphere of the primary, the statements and exchanges between Clinton and Obama were unusually acrimonious. The debate came as the two campaigns continued to complain about dirty politics and disenfranchisement of voters in last Saturday's Nevada caucuses.

Obama suggested the Clintons were both practicing the kind of political tactics that had alienated voters.

"There's a set of assertions made by Senator Clinton as well as her husband that are not factually accurate," Obama said. "I think that part of what the people are looking for right now is somebody who's going to solve problems and not resort to the same typical politics that we've seen in Washington."

Clinton countered: "I do think that your record and what you say does matter."

Edwards, who badly trails his two rivals, tried to stay above the fray while pleading for equal time.

"Are there three people in this debate, not two?" he asked.

"We have got to understand, this is not about us personally. It is about what we are trying to do for this country," Edwards said to applause from the audience.

Hillary Clinton, who was close with the Walton family, served on the Wal-Mart board from 1986 to 1992. In 2006, her Senate campaign returned $5,000 to the company's political action committee while citing differences with company policies.

A blind trust held by Clinton and her husband, the former president, included stock holdings in Wal-Mart. They liquidated the contents of the blind trust in 2007 because of investments that could pose conflicts of interest or prove embarrassing as she ran for president.

Chicago real estate developer and fast food magnate Antoin "Tony" Rezko was a longtime fundraiser for Obama. Prosecutors have charged him with fraud, attempted extortion and money laundering in what they allege was a scheme to get campaign money and payoffs from firms seeking to do business before two state boards.

Obama's campaign said Saturday it was giving to charities more than $40,000 from donors linked to Rezko. In 2006, when charges against Rezko were made public, Obama gave $11,500 in Rezko contributions to charities.

Often speaking over each other, Obama and Clinton bitterly complained about each other's legislative records. Obama questioned why the New York senator had voted for a bankruptcy bill that she later said she was glad hadn't passed, and Clinton criticized Obama for voting "present" on dozens of occasions while a member of the Illinois legislature.

"Senator Obama, it is very difficult to have a straight-up debate with you because you never take responsibility for any vote," Clinton said to loud boos.

Obama accused Clinton of playing loose with the facts and saying anything to get elected, while Edwards joined Clinton in criticizing Obama for the "present" votes.

"Why would you over 100 times vote present?" Edwards pointedly challenged Obama. "What if I had just not shown up to vote on things that really mattered to this country? It would have been safe for me politically. It would have been the careful and cautious thing to do, but I have a responsibility to take a position even when it has political consequences for me."

Obama said most of his present votes didn't have political consequences but were because of technical or legal concerns.

"Don't question, John, the fact that on issue after issue that is important to the American people, I haven't simply followed, I have lead," Obama said.

"Present" votes are common in the Illinois legislature, and they have the same impact as a "no" vote. Legislators use them for a variety of reasons, from registering doubts about a measure's legality to avoiding a firm position.

Democratic Rep. Jim Clyburn, an influential leader in South Carolina, suggested on Monday that Bill Clinton tone down his rhetoric. Questioned about it, Hillary Clinton said her husband was "a tremendous asset. .. I believe that this campaign is not about our spouses. It is about us. It is about each of us individually."

Obama said he would expect the ex-president to campaign for his wife, but "I have been troubled ... the degree to which my record is not accurately portrayed."

With the holiday honoring the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., as a backdrop, the candidates also addressed questions of racial equality.

Clinton and Edwards compared their records on helping to alleviate poverty, while Obama was asked if he agreed with the famed black novelist Toni Morrison who dubbed Bill Clinton "the first black president."

Obama praised the former president's "affinity" with black people but also drew laughs.

"I would have to investigate more of Bill's dancing abilities and some of this other stuff before I accurately judge whether he was in fact a brother," Obama said.

"I'm sure that can be arranged," Clinton joked.

The debate was sponsored by the Congressional Black Caucus Institute and CNN.

———

Associated Press Writers Beth Fouhy in South Carolina and Christopher Wills in Illinois contributed to this report.

Zoomtown.com News

This ALIPAC member has posted this entity be it editorial opinion, news article, column, or web creation as information for the General Population (public) only. It is not intended as an endorsement for this candidate by this poster. Its use here has not been anticipated to be used as, or used to discredit any candidate mentioned herewith.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast