Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Democrats Broken Promises

Make sure you read, "Tough Questions for Iowa’s Winners (and Losers)" which is mostly on the Huckster!!!!!

From the Desk of Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton:

Democrats Broken Promises on Congressional Ethics Reform

In case you hadn’t noticed, it’s campaign season again and, per usual, the candidates are doling out the campaign promises. But what about all of those promises made during the last election? Specifically, what happened to the major ethics reform House Speaker Pelosi vowed to provide in the first days of her reign on the Hill?
    Well, just before Christmas, we finally got our answer. That’s when Massachusetts Democratic Congressman Michael Capuano released a report by the Special Task Force on Ethics Enforcement, which he chaired, outlining a strategy to address congressional corruption.

As you may recall, I was a participant in these ethics reform discussions, testifying before Capuano’s task force last year. From the beginning, I was concerned that by the time ethics reform proposals made it through the congressional vetting process they would be so watered down as to be useless. As it turns out, I was right to be worried. Initially, my understanding was the Cong. Capuano had proposed some significant reforms. Evidently, it looks to me that the good reforms were not much liked by his party’s leadership and have been watered down.

The good news is that the task force does recommend the creation of a quasi-independent panel (called the Office of Congressional Ethics) to consider ethics complaints. Members of the office are to be appointed by congressional leadership and are to conduct a “preliminary reviewâ€

The Democrats disappointed their voters in many ways. They promised to do something about the Iraq War, too, but bent to the will of Prince George.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What worries me about Democratic candidates is that they will perpetuate the "victim mentality" that has been saturating and undermining our American concept of equal justice. I am sorry that certain minorities do not do so well in test scores, or that they live in blighted neighborhoods, or their parents are flakes. These problems exist in all racial groups. That does not automatically translate into any fact of their rights being denied.

Such might have been the case in the past but laws have been passed to alter those conditions. We now have an equal system of justice where people have the freedom to advance on their own merit. Further legislation to change a perceived imbalance infringes upon the rights of others and contributes to a dumbing down of our culture. A Democrat president, Clinton, finally had to undo similar programs enacted by his Democrat predecessors because they had become far too burdensome to our society. But political candidates realize that there is strength in numbers and groups can get together and unfairly pressure our legislative bodies in their own direction.

I have not thorughly researched the positions of all candidates--but this is what worries me about the Dems. In my own job I see the dangerous effects of tolerating incompetence under the guise of "equality."
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Democrats Broken Promises
    I didn't know there was any other kind...