Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Democrats double down on open borders

by Tom Rogan
    | July 30, 2019 09:10 PM

Elizabeth Warren says she wants those who illegally overstay student visas to be able to stay in America indefinitely.

That pretty summed up the Democratic Party 2020 presidential primary debate on Tuesday. Hosted by CNN, and masterfully moderated by Dana Bash and Jake Tapper (who kept panelists to their allotted time) Democrats doubled down on their new immigration platform: effective open borders.

The vast majority of primary contenders wanted to decriminalize illegal border crossings, they wanted to provide free health insurance to illegal immigrants, they wanted to provide rapid and, apparently, unconditional pathways to citizenship. When it came to border security, they pledged to secure the border. And they offered no policies as to how they would do so.

This, then, was another debate that showed the Democratic Party has moved way to the Left on immigration policy.

I come from a family of poor Irish Americans and middle-class British Scots. My father washed dishes to pay his way thru Harvard Law School. My mother was a British nurse in London (and so made half what nurses earn here). I grew up in England and moved to the U.S. permanently at age 26. I am keenly aware that immigration is the lifeblood of America, and that we should want more immigration from skilled folks who want to complement the American dream.

But this country requires borders and laws. Absent those, this country is not a country.

President Trump's racial rhetoric is sometimes deeply unpleasant, but in terms of policies he looks more moderate on immigration reform than Democrats do tonight.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...n-open-borders
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Skilled" labor can stay home and build America on their soil.

Shut this unrelenting invasion of our country down!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL