Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Just FYI

A fission or A bomb gets its energy from splitting atoms

A fusion bomb gets its energy from fusing one atom into another , like the sun makes hydrogen atoms into helium ,

Quote Originally Posted by kathyet
    The problem with Yucca isn't the recycling it is the transporting of this hazard waste.. .
    Kathyet
    Yeah, I wasn't clear about that in my post. I didn't mean recycling it at Yucca Mountain, I meant recycling it however France does.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    "Don't forget, Nevada was the testing place of our H bombs the ones they used on Japan... "

Kathy

Nevada test site was used for A bombs , fission style bombs

An H bomb is a fusion style bomb , they were tested in the Bakini atoll in the Pacific , They are infinity more powerful then the a bombs tested in Nevada

A fission bomb is rated in Kilotons or thousands of tons of TNT
    A fusion style bomb is rated in megatons of millions of tons of TNT

Most fusion style thermonuke devices use fision a bombs as triggers

Probably more info then you wanted to know, sorry

Whoops sorry mixed it up. A is atomic...H is what hydrogen...fission and fusion is the rating....or the size?

Not too much information. I remember a politician one time saying we should get our power from fussion I think and I didn't know what she meant by that is that the recycling they are talking about?

Here is a really good link about the test site in Nevada if anyone is interested

http://www.idealist.ws/nevada.php

Kathyet

Whatever happened to the Neutron Bomb? That thing was SCARY.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I remember a politician one time saying we should get our power from fussion I think and I didn't know what she meant by that is that the recycling they are talking about?

Here is a really good link about the test site in Nevada if anyone is
    No, nuclear fusion is not the recycling they are talking about. It's actually called "reprocessing," not recycling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_fusion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_fission

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_reprocessing
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    "Don't forget, Nevada was the testing place of our H bombs the ones they used on Japan... "

Kathy

Nevada test site was used for A bombs , fission style bombs

An H bomb is a fusion style bomb , they were tested in the Bakini atoll in the Pacific , They are infinity more powerful then the a bombs tested in Nevada

A fission bomb is rated in Kilotons or thousands of tons of TNT
    A fusion style bomb is rated in megatons of millions of tons of TNT

Most fusion style thermonuke devices use fision a bombs as triggers

Probably more info then you wanted to know, sorry

Whoops sorry mixed it up. A is atomic...H is what hydrogen...fission and fusion is the rating....or the size?

Not too much information. I remember a politician one time saying we should get our power from fussion I think and I didn't know what she meant by that is that the recycling they are talking about?

Here is a really good link about the test site in Nevada if anyone is interested

http://www.idealist.ws/nevada.php

Kathyet
    Actually fusion produces more energy , it is what powers the sun
    The problem with it is that it takes the heat and pressure of the suns interior to ignite a fission process, We can do it but on a very small scale right now.

The ideal energy source is anti matter-matter interactions , it is the only thing that coverts 100% of matter into energy , We can do this also because our big cyclotrons (atom smashers) actually can and do produce anti-protons , The problem is we just can't create enough of them yet. They are used to collide with matter protons to see what comes out of the bang
    All on a very very small scale.

In the grand scheme of things following proven Einstein theory , the whole universe and everything you see in it is nothing but frozen energy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12