Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Details of Shooting in Seattle

I WAS REALLY AFRAID OF THIS

1 dead after shots fired at Seattle Jewish center
    At least 5 injured; suspect, who witness says was Muslim, in custody

NBC News and news services
    Updated: 10 minutes ago
    SEATTLE - One person was killed and at least five were injured by gunshots Friday afternoon at the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle, authorities said. A suspect was arrested, and a witness told a newspaper the man said he was a Muslim who was angry at Israel.
    Five or six people were wounded in the incident Friday afternoon, assistant police chief Jim Pugel said.
    One person died, fire department spokeswoman Helen Fitzpatrick said.
    Amy Wasser-Simpson, vice president for planning and community services at the Jewish Federation, told The Seattle Times that a man got through security at the building and told staff members: “I’m Muslim American. I’m angry at Israel,” then began shooting.
    One wounded woman was shot in the abdomen, and another woman was hit in the arm, according to news accounts. Information on the others wounded was not immediately available.
    A SWAT team searched the federation building, looking for any other victims, anyone hiding or any other possible shooters, police spokesman Rich Pruitt said. The FBI was also involved.
    Pruitt said he had no information on a motive. “Hopefully we can figure that out as this goes on,” he said.
    Connection to Middle East uncertain
    Authorities were investigating whether there was a link between the shooting and the conflict in the Middle East.
    Police cordoned off several city blocks to investigate.
    Several witnesses said they saw a man walk up and shoot a woman in the leg on a sidewalk near the building.
    One of the wounded had been described as a 43-year-old woman who was shot in the abdomen while another, described as 17 weeks pregnant, was reportedly hit in the arm, The Seattle Times reported.
    “We heard this horrible screaming on the floor above us and shots,” Patti Simon said in a phone interview, her voice shaking.
    “We didn’t know what was happening.”
    Simon, who sells advertising for the federation’s newspaper, was working on the first floor when she heard screaming, shots and what sounded like furniture crashing on the floor above.
    Simon called up to her co-workers on the second floor, but got no answer, so she called the police and fled the building.
    “Somebody must have lied their way in,” Simon said. She said the federation has security in the building.
    The federation’s Web site describes its mission as “to ensure Jewish survival and enhance the quality of Jewish life by meeting needs locally, in Israel and worldwide.”
    NBC News and The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14082298/
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

I listened to this with anger, sadness, and yes, I had expected this also, somewhere in the country. Not in my new home. My daughters, and family are ok.

The shooter is Pakistani...but the authorities don't know yet whether he's an immigrant or was born here. The FBI and Joint Terrorism Task Force are with his family, trying to get more info.
    The count, 1 dead( don't know more right now.), 5 women injured , 3 critical, 2 satisfactory ( 1 pregnant). 1 report said the weapon was a shotgun.

Sadly, Pat
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

11pm news pst,,

According to one news cast,

The dead and injured were all women.

The shooter has been charged.

He's 30, American citizen,

I'll get you a news story with link tomorrow. Info is changing fast right now.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!