Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Did McCain Discuss the V.P. With Leiberman?

I was listening to the radio tonight and I was getting a lot of static and interference. Then all of a sudden I heard "part" of a news break from another station from somewhere.

I got bits and peices of it, but enough to hear that McCain talked to someone in the Democrat party about being his running mate. I THINK it was Leiberman, but I'm not 100 percent sure.

Then it said that McCain's people denied it, but that some Democrats said that it was true, that this discussion had taken place.

Does anyone know the facts about this? If so, please let us know.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

In this report, Lieberman denies it:

January 26, 2008
    The Categorical Joe Lieberman
    This time in an interview with Newsweek, Joe Liebeman again categorically rules out running for vice president on a ticket with this presidential choice, Republican John McCain.

"I do, I do. Been there, done that," Lieberman said. "I'm very grateful to be a senator."

He is slightly fuzzier on the question of bolting the Democratic Senate caucus, saying he has "no intention to do that."

"Well, I never want to say never. But I hope that I'm never in a position where I feel so frustrated and marginalized in the Democratic Party, particularly on foreign policy, that I feel forced to leave the party. I hope that never happens."

http://blogs.courant.com/capitol_watch/ ... rical.html

--------

In this story, the crowd at one of McCain's rallies wants Lieberman as VP:

One man wanted to know, “realizing your age is an issue,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No one would pick someone who lost on a presidential ticket less than 8 years ago for VP.

Mccain

I am in Florida and there are whispers that McCain is considering Charlie Crist...the only advantage to that is Charlie crist will have to quit his job as governer of Florida. I would be HAPPY to be rid of THAT polecat.

I think Jeb Bush endorsed Romney, correct?

Romney/jeb

Yes it seems Jeb did. Mitt better not consider jeb as vp. People are tired of being bushwacked.