Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Did you see video of Jennifer directly challenging Pres. Obama on why he continues to

Date: Wednesday 1FEB2012 8 a.m. EST

Did you see video of Jennifer directly challenging Pres. Obama on why he continues to bring in foreign workers while her husband can't find a job?

She was polite. She was confident. She was firm. SHE WAS RIGHT!

ACTION No. 1 -- FAX THE PRESIDENT: Tell him you saw the exchange and want him to stop filling U.S. higher skilled jobs with foreign workers while so many qualified Americans are unemployed. It's free to send this fax through our internet system.

CLICK HERE: http://www.numbersusa.com/faxes?ID=13725

ACTION No. 2 -- WATCH VIDEO of Jennifer challenging Pres. Obama on his claim that businesses just can't find Americans to fill U.S. engineering jobs.

ACTION No. 3 -- PHONE THE WHITE HOUSE and flood that switchboard with calls of outrage that Pres. Obama is getting his information about worker shortages from big business and not paying any attention to the cries of unemployed Americans.

CLICK HERE: for your Phone Action Note with phone number and talking points: http://www.numbersusa.com/phones?ID=13728

I think Pres. Obama handles himself well in this interview even as he is shocked to find that Jennifer's husband seems to be precisely the kind of engineer that the President's advisors have told him the country can't find among its own citizens.

But the President seems totally unaware of the unemployment data that his own Administration has gathered.

The most recent American Community Survey by the federal government found:

about 140,000 Americans in the architecture-engineer category can't find a job of any kind.

about 150,000 Americans whose last job was in computer and math occupations can't find a job of any kind. Of those, 49,000 are programmers and developers.

Those are the official "U-3" unemployment numbers. The official "U-6" numbers are often called the "real unemployment" and generally run nearly double the "U-3" unemployment rates.

That would mean that we have more than 500,000 Americans who are in the engineering/architect/computer fields whose last job was in those occupations AND who either can't find a job of any kind (U-3) or have been forced into part-time work. This number does not even include all of those who have given up on their occupations and taken lower-skill, lower-pay jobs in other occupations.

Nonetheless, Pres. Obama and many congressional Republican leaders continue to advocate for increasing the importation of foreign workers in those fields.

I hope you won't hesitate to let the White House know how you feel about Jennifer's question.

NumbersUSA - relies upon individuals like you to reach its goal of an environmentally sustainable and economically just America.
    logo
    Numbers USA
    1601 N. Kent Street
    Suite 1100
    Arlington, VA 22209

Last edited by HAPPY2BME; 02-02-2012 at 02:25 PM.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    Kathyet, there is not a link to the video, if you have one could you please post it!

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Kathyet, there is not a link to the video, if you have one could you please post it!
    I will try and find it I thought it was posted here a week or so ago it has been all over the news and internet..but I will check on finding it.

April I am having a tough time finding it again but I did find this if I find the other one which is better I will bring it over to this post..

http://bcove.me/1re2qro3

News to Pres. Obama? 1.8 Million Americans With Engineering DEGREES Don't Have Engineering JOBS

By Roy Beck, Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 6:44 PM EST

Pres. Obama's own staff has produced the data to show that the President was wrong Monday when he said America doesn't have enough engineers, was wrong last week in the State of the Union to say we need more high-skilled foreign workers, and was wrong in sending out spokespersons to claim that not enough Americans are obtaining engineering degrees. But the President -- like most Republican leaders -- tends not to look for facts when thinking about immigration but just looks to his elite business cronies.

Look at the numbers in this shocking new report . . .

DR. CAMAROTA CATCHES THE PRESIDENT WITH HIS ENGINEER STATS DOWN

Earlier this week, Pres. Obama was caught off-guard in an internet Q&A when a woman asked why the government continues to issue work visas to foreign engineers while her engineer husband can't find a job.

Look at the exchange here:

The President found the question "interesting" because "industry tells me that they don't have enough highly skilled engineers."

The White House sent out spokespersons to defend the President by talking about how not enough Americans are getting engineering degrees.

My immediate question was: How many Americans with engineering degrees don't have an engineering job?

Amazingly just this afternoon, Dr. Steve Camarota of the Center for Immigration Studies has published a report that answers the question.

We will talk more about the meaning of these stats in our weekly webcast at 3:30 p.m. (Eastern) Thursday.. But chew on the numbers.

U.S.-BORN INDIVIDUALS WITH ENGINEERING DEGREES (under age 66) (based on most recent American Community Survey by the Obama Administration itself)

101,000 -- U.S. engineers looking for a job who can't find any work at all

244,000 -- U.S. engineers who have dropped completely out of the labor market

1,470,000 -- U.S. engineers who are working but no longer as engineers ================================================== ======

1.8 million -- Total U.S.-born individuals under the age of 66 who have engineering degrees but don't have an engineering job

There is a lot to say about all those numbers. But one thing that can't be said is that the United States doesn't "have enough highly skilled engineers" among its own citizens.

These numbers were compiled by Pres. Obama's own staff. But he apparently never thought to check on the facts. He was perfectly willing to take the word of the business elites with whom he hobnobs when they claim they have to have more foreign engineers.

ROY BECK is Founder & CEO of NumbersUSA

NumbersUSA's blogs are copyrighted and may be republished or reposted only if they are copied in their entirety, including this paragraph, and provide proper credit to NumbersUSA. NumbersUSA bears no responsibility for where our blogs may be republished or reposted.
    Views and opinions expressed in blogs on this website are those of the author. They do not necessarily reflect official policies of NumbersUSA.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/n...s-dont-have-en

April
    Thanks for posting the video!