Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dishnetwork

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dishnetwork

Just a few minutes ago on the USA Network..They had a Total Spanish speaking commercial for Dishnetwork, for Starz package, even the lettering was written in Spanish. Sorry that just disturbs me, I thought I was in another country. I even rewound it, just to see if I had imagined it.

Am i going overboard, I mean I am actualy poed..
    "We are not for any type or form of "AMNESTY"..We are a equal oppurtunity deporter. We will not discriminate against you due to your race/age/religion .. "

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Welcome to Meximerica. Where the companies have no values and will do anything for the illegal alien dollars.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Triumph,

You are having a Dixie Wal-Mart Moment. Take a deep breath!!!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That’s why I am leaving dish network, turned them into to the attorney general for dishonest billing practices. They tried to tell me if I canceled my service I would have to pay a cancellation fee but I never signed a contract. Then they told me i would have to wait 2 months for them to get the copy of the contract I signed. Then they told me they would charge me back the free installation. Now they are willing to kiss my butt, I guess they received the letter from the attorney general of Oregon. The lady has called me everyday now for three days but I am going to let them sweat. Then I am going to tell them I want re-imbursement for the three months of service they have forced me to stay with them due to there threats of additional unwarranted charges.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Yep ... I saw the same ad this morning ... it upset me and my wife ... but if I want to get Lou I will have to stay with them
    "One Flag ... One Language ... ONE COUNTRY"....... Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by justme
    Yep ... I saw the same ad this morning ... it upset me and my wife ... but if I want to get Lou I will have to stay with them
    You can contact the advertisers, then lock out the channel. I think this is matt.org trying to get in our face out here.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Americanmade,

I, too, am at odds with Dishnetwork.

We did sign a contract, it was (we were told) for 1 year and I absolutely believe I read it was. Also, the young man who was the representative told us if he just got his equipment back, we could cancel anytime before the y ear was up. I made him write that in the contract.

He also told gave us an extra dish and box for use with our RV. We decided to go ahead and get the disth because we do travel and thought it would be simpler to just take along our dish, box, etc. He said when we set up the first time, to call Dish and they would send someone for the area to help us get it going and to show us how for the future. They did not mention that we would have to pay for it.

So - first time we called ot have it set up for the RV, we were told we would have to pay someone from SEars to do it.

After a year, we called to have it cancelled and some one from India said we had signed 2 year contract. We do not have the contract with us as we are travelling and we have not been home to look for it .

I, too, am going to get in touch with the AG here in Texas as soon as I can get home and find that contract.

Maybe I can get some of the money back. We have been away for a year, and with the exception of 3 weeks we were home last fall, no one has used this satellite service.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have Adelphia with High speed cable and the package that I ordered, now has less HBO< STARZ CINEMAX and ENCORE programs and everytime I turn it on I find more movies with duplicates in Spanish. Even worse the price has doubled.
    The toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you kiss tomorrow
    ------------------------

Re: Dishnetwork

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph
    Just a few minutes ago on the USA Network..They had a Total Spanish speaking commercial for Dishnetwork, for Starz package, even the lettering was written in Spanish. Sorry that just disturbs me, I thought I was in another country. I even rewound it, just to see if I had imagined it.

Am i going overboard, I mean I am actualy poed..
    Its horrible! Sometimes I feel like I'm in a foreign country. If Dishnetwork wants to offer their services in different languages, then let them advertise a special # for the foreigners to call. We shouldnt have to be made to listen to their ads in any language other than English.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We are subsidizing the Spanish channels with our payments to cable or satellite.

Everytime we go back to our home, the TV doesn't work. WE have to call in, get some sequences of numbers, etc., etc.. Yesterday, my son was working in that area and spent the night at our home. When he called in, they told him we hadn't paid the bill. My husband called and they assured him that it was up to date, just a mistake. He used this opportunity to ask them for a copy of our contract - it will take 4 to 6 weeks for them to get it to us. When he asked for the name of the representative we dealt with and who installed it - they don't have that page of the contract. All they have is what we signed.

Also, I know the representative we talked with lived in a city nearby - but they told us it was a rep from another city.

It will cost us over $400 to keep it going until the 2 years is up or $175 to disconnect it. It is cheaper to disconnect - but then I am going to get all the info together and turn it over to the AG here in Texas. If they have pulled this con with us- they have done it to others.

When we talk with customer service, it is Indian - that could be the problem. I am not sure how - but I do know of an instance some Indian customer reps tried to cheat an old man. They broke the laws of our state, they lied repeatedly to the old man, and told my husband 2 or 3 lies until he told them he was turning it over to the state, then they decided they had made a mistake and sent the old man a check.

How many Americans are being scammed by these people who do not operate under our laws???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast