Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Do I need to register if I am not a U.S. citizen

http://www.nvo.com/beaulier/selectivese ... migration/
    SELECTIVE SERVICE - Do I need to register if I am not a U.S. citizen?
    What is Selective Service registration?

Registration is a way our government keeps a list of names of men from which to draw in case of a national emergency requiring rapid expansion of our Armed Forces. By registering all young men, the Selective Service ensures that a future draft will be fair and equitable.

Are illegal alien males required to register?
    Yes. All immigrant alien males, other than those admitted on nonimmigrant visas, must register, whether or not they have a green card.

Where can I get a Selective Service registration form?
    Forms are available at any U.S. post office. Men 18 through 25 years old can register by completing a form at the post office. Some high schools have a faculty or staff member who serves as a Selective Service Registrar. Most men turning 18 can also register by mail, if they receive a Selective Service form in the mail.

What is the penalty for not registering?
    If you do not register, you could be prosecuted and fined up to $250,000 and/or be put in jail for up to five years. Registration is also a requirement to qualify for Federal student aid, job training benefits, and most Federal employment.

What if I am over age 26 and haven't registered?
    Once you reach age 26, it's too late to register. Even though you may not be prosecuted, you will be denied student financial assistance, Federal job training, and most Federal employment unless you can provide convincing evidence to the agency providing the benefit you are seeking, that your failure to register was not knowing and willful.
    What if it's been more than 30 days after I've turned 18 and I still haven't registered?
    Go to the post office and register immediately. Selective Service will accept a late registration.
    What if I'm a U.S. citizen living or visiting out of the U.S. when it's time to register?
    Visit the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. They will help you register.
    How does the Military Selective Service Act apply to individuals who have had a sex change?
    Individuals who are born female and have a sex change are not required to register. U.S. citizens or immigrants who are born male and have a sex change are still required to register. In the event of a resumption of the draft, males who have had a sex change can file a claim for an exemption from military service if they receive an order to report for examination or induction.
    ALIEN REGISTRATION CHART REQUIRED TO REGISTER?
    Lawful non-immigrants on visas (e.g., diplomatic and consular personnel and families, foreign students, tourists with unexpired visas (Forms I-94, I-95A), or those with Border Crossing Documents (Forms I-185, I-186, I-1444). No
    Permanent resident aliens. Yes
    Special (seasonal) agricultural workers (Form I-68. Yes
    Special agricultural workers (Form I-688A). No
    Refugee, parolee, and asylee aliens. Yes
    Undocumented (illegal) aliens. Yes

* <div>[b]<div>2000 people has visited http://www.dumpgloria.com/ in the last 3 months
    People who believes in God, America, The Bill Of Rights and Limited Government.
    </div>
    </div>

Are illegal alien males required to register?
    What kind of jackass question is that? If a person is here illegally, they should leave.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)