Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Do immigrants really do the jobs Americans don't want?

Do immigrants really do the jobs Americans don't want?

by David Pipkin
    A A A "The work Americans will not do..." America should be insulted. In this political environment, with liberal democrats scratching and clawing to capitalize upon any criticism at President Bush in an effort to gain for themselves a foothold in their quest for power in 2008, I admit that I cringe at valid criticisms Conservative Republicans are voicing on GWB and the issues of border security and illegal immigration.

It says a lot that we must swallow hard when we provide honest assessments on the President for fear of what this might do for the other side. It is a difficult thing to admit that the only person in Congress who seems to even be sniffing down the right path on these issues is the mealy-mouthed Harry Reid. It is beyond irony that the new majority leader in the Senate, who has been seditious and even treasonous in his comments on the war on terror, seems to be the only one in Congress willing to lead the way in getting tough on enforcement of our laws pertaining to domestic security. One can only guess his real, hidden agenda.

It is obvious to me that the major factor swaying political action (or non-action) on this issue is how it will affect the vote. More than that, both sides are attempting to court illegals as a potential voting bloc. We are used to this type of behavior from the democrats - we have seen it before.

During the 2000 presidential election, there was a push by the democrats to extend the right to vote to prison inmates and convicted felons, who are largely minority and largely vote democrat. How convenient. The situation with illegal aliens is really not much different, given that a convicted felon's criminal status causes him to forfeit many rights of citizenship, including the right to vote. How then is it possible our politicians are considering extending that right to people who were never citizens of this country in the first place?

The major difference here is that the republicans are acting like democrats - they are equally guilty of pandering to illegals for votes. Neither side is acting on principle. Our lawmakers are not interested in doing what is right; they are interested in doing what it takes to get re-elected. Each side is "weighing the political ramifications" in this issue. What a shame. The only way we will get Congress to enforce the laws is if the people who demand that the laws be enforced are in the majority in the public opinion polls. On this issue, we are being led and protected by a bunch of "Bill Clintons" - God help us.

The one sentiment that seems to keep recurring, and has even been spoken by our president, is that these illegals are "doing the work that Americans will not do..." How insulting! Look at the history of our nation, Mr. President! Exactly what job is there that Americans will not do?

The problem is not that there are jobs that Americans will not do. Illegal Aliens have been flooding our country for well over 40 years now with lax enforcement of our laws. They leave a country where our minimum wages would put them in the middle class, and as they are not legal, employers with no regard for our laws hire them at wages far below the legal minimum. This reduces the employer labor cost, and he gains an unfair advantage in the marketplace, because most of our markets are price-driven, and most consumers do not bother to investigate why one company's prices are lower than the others. Then, the employer's competitors are either forced to hire illegals to compete, or they are forced out of business because they cannot compete playing by the rules. Meanwhile, our labor force suffers, because they cannot get fair wages for the jobs they seek. And wages are only the beginning.

Do you believe for one second that a company that hires illegal aliens is providing a healthcare plan and 401 (k) to these people? Not on your life! For many companies, the cost of benefits is second only to labor costs among the major expenses employers shoulder these days. When an employer hires an illegal alien (or what liberals call "undocumented worker"), not only does that employer save on labor costs, but he does not have to provide benefits.

Let's bring this all home where we live. Think about the job you have today. What if your boss called you into his/her office tomorrow and said that you are being let go. Then, you later find out that your job was given to someone who was willing to work for 1/5 of your pay and no benefits. Would you go back and ask for your job under those conditions, or would you try to find somewhere else to work where you could maintain the standard of living you have worked so hard to build for yourself and your family? Would it be fair to say that the illegal alien your company hired was willing to do the job you weren't willing to do?

If you have been among those voicing this sentiment, STOP! It is wrong, and it is anti-American. Americans are not lazy! Americans are willing to work! The problem occurs when we allow people who are not citizens of this country to come in and accept work from unscrupulous employers who hire them at wages that will not enable us to support ourselves, pay taxes and pursue happiness. Just because Americans are resourceful enough to figure out that we do not have to work at one job if that job does not provide fair compensation, and will therefore find something else to do, that does not mean that we are not willing to do the job.

The Americans that were at ground zero on 9/11, the Pentagon and Pennsylvania, they were willing to do that gruesome work for free. We have soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan doing extremely hard labor, and I can assure you that they are not there building their fortunes. Since the founding of our country, Americans have always been the hardest-working people in the world, and it is no accident that we live in the most prosperous country in the world today, not only because of hard work, but that we work smarter, as well.

The solution to all this is simple: Enforce the laws we have. We need to build up the INS - provide them the tools, resources and people they need to enforce the law. For employers of illegal aliens, just like a restaurant submits to inspection from the health department, we should start forcing businesses to submit to inspection by INS. Businesses who are legal would receive "preferred status," and businesses that are not would be subject to hefty fines. If we start cracking down on employers, fining them $50,000 for EACH CASE, and distributing a percentage of those funds to those businesses who maintain "preferred status," we will see far fewer employers willing to risk hiring illegals. Reduction of illegal hires, as well as arrest, imprisonment and deportation of illegals would lead to an exodus of illegals from within our borders.

On a related matter, the right to peaceful assembly is a right granted to citizens. This is not "a world without borders." We are a sovereign nation. Our Constitution applies to our citizens, and our citizens alone. It does not apply to prisoners of war, and it does not apply to people who are here illegally. If we had any mayor or governor in this country with even an ounce of guts, he or she would have INS out in force at any demonstrations by illegal aliens.

We should be arresting illegals by the droves. We should keep a record of them, just as with any criminal; photographed and fingerprinted. The first time they are caught, they get 30 days in the county jail where they were apprehended, and they will work every day, without pay, cleaning up highways or some other type of municipal duty. Instead of allowing them to be a burden on the taxpayer, we will actually use them to help lighten the tax load. Then, when their service is done, they get taken back to where they came from, using the cheapest mode of transportation possible. When they get back home and have not been able to siphon money out of our economy, and have nothing to show for the 30 days of labor they performed, maybe they will think twice before trying to come here illegally again.

For those who don't learn the first time, we will extend the sentence by 30 days each time they are caught.

To not enforce our laws demonstrates weakness and will embolden people all over the world, including terrorists, to act without regard for our laws. We have American citizens to consider first. We have immigrants who are patiently waiting to come here legally who are being neglected while we allow these criminals to basically cut in line in front of them.

To the Congress, and to the President, enforce our laws! Uphold your duty to keep this nation secure and protect its citizenry!

http://www.helium.com/tm/193785/america ... d-insulted
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Washing windows,roof repair and monior woodwork repair,exterior house washing,gutter cleaning are jobs americans wont do.Wait a minute!I do those jobs! I was born in the united states and I do these jobs.I stopped by a women's house early january about cleaning gutters.She said you will have a tough time getting gutters in this neighborhood cause the migrants are doing them.I asked her if she would discriminate against me,leaves were sticking out of her gutters.She never asked me how much.She said she would ask her husband.There is construction going on in site of my house and they told me they were not hiring.I called thier office from a diffent phone and said I was from SC and a contractor and I had 5 migrants who wanted to stay in this area.Send them over they said! These businesses not only hire illegals but refuse to even take an application.D.H.GRIFFiN in greensboro,nc and many other states recycling,demolition( they even helped cleaned up site of 911,look them up on the internet) refused me application until I got upset and when I got home and read it ,it was for driving a truck.I emailed the manager and after serveral emails(I have kept them) she said""if we have to hire blacks and whites ,we might as well go home"".Hypocrites like john edwards claim to be for poor people he sent me a letter when he was in the senate saying that NC mills and manufactors need migrants to fill those jobs.Another letter came from hIm a month later blasting bush for the loss of mill and manufactoring jobs.I work circles around illegal aliens!

Isn't there someplace this can be reported?

Quote Originally Posted by DHolmes7
    Washing windows,roof repair and monior woodwork repair,exterior house washing,gutter cleaning are jobs americans wont do.Wait a minute!I do those jobs! I was born in the united states and I do these jobs.I stopped by a women's house early january about cleaning gutters.She said you will have a tough time getting gutters in this neighborhood cause the migrants are doing them.I asked her if she would discriminate against me,leaves were sticking out of her gutters.She never asked me how much.She said she would ask her husband.There is construction going on in site of my house and they told me they were not hiring.I called thier office from a diffent phone and said I was from SC and a contractor and I had 5 migrants who wanted to stay in this area.Send them over they said! These businesses not only hire illegals but refuse to even take an application.D.H.GRIFFiN in greensboro,nc and many other states recycling,demolition( they even helped cleaned up site of 911,look them up on the internet) refused me application until I got upset and when I got home and read it ,it was for driving a truck.I emailed the manager and after serveral emails(I have kept them) she said""if we have to hire blacks and whites ,we might as well go home"".Hypocrites like john edwards claim to be for poor people he sent me a letter when he was in the senate saying that NC mills and manufactors need migrants to fill those jobs.Another letter came from hIm a month later blasting bush for the loss of mill and manufactoring jobs.I work circles around illegal aliens!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    All of the jobs being done now by illegals are jobs that Americans already were doing before, until the illegals STOLE those jobs and DROVE DOWN the wages. These are jobs that Americans could, would, and are willing to do.

Don't let the pro-illegals fool anyone into believing this scam, as it is leverage to get their people into this country.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.