Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April

DO NOT CALL TOLL FREE NUMBER FOR DREAM ACT SUPPORTERS

Do not call the toll free number set up for illegals and their supporters to call in . Just got this heads up from someone who found out from a staffer the phone number is set up to automatically make your vote a yes for the dream act.

This is what she related to me she did after getting the text thanking her for supporting Dream Act Amnesty.

I called again to make sure she put me down for NO, she said, " You called before on another number and I marked that down. All calls that come in on the 866-996-5161 automatically register you as "supporting Dream Act", that's the way it's set up. So my first call that I made direct to Scott Brown's number was ok, but the one to the 5161 number theoretically cancelled out the NO vote. She said it was set up to prevent a mix up.
    Please Alert anyone you think might be using the Dream Act Supporter number to stop using it!

April
    I made a sticky out this to make sure everyone sees it!

This is so important it should be re upped every time it it leaves the "Current Group Discussion" window on the left side of the page.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    I agree I hope everyone is alerting all they know who might be using it NOT TO USE IT!

Re: DO NOT CALL TOLL FREE NUMBER FOR DREAM ACT SUPPORTERS

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Do not call the toll free number set up for illegals and their supporters to call in . Just got this heads up from someone who found out from a staffer the phone number is set up to automatically make your vote a yes for the dream act.

This is what she related to me she did after getting the text thanking her for supporting Dream Act Amnesty.

I called again to make sure she put me down for NO, she said, " You called before on another number and I marked that down. All calls that come in on the 866-996-5161 automatically register you as "supporting Dream Act", that's the way it's set up. So my first call that I made direct to Scott Brown's number was ok, but the one to the 5161 number theoretically cancelled out the NO vote. She said it was set up to prevent a mix up.
    Please Alert anyone you think might be using the Dream Act Supporter number to stop using it!
    Are we sure about this? I hope she was mistaken, because if that is true we have been calling voting FOR the Dream Act for a long time.

See the date on this post....... Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:17 pm Post subject: DREAM/amnesty lobby considers next step. (GoodOleDays-I think the link in the post below is supposed to be reformimmigratioÂ*nforamerica.Â*org The link in the post does not work.)

[quote="LawEnforcer"] http://reformimmigrationforamerica(dot)org/blog/blog/what-next-call-senators-to-say-you-are-watching/

Today, a vote in the Senate blocked action on the DREAM Act as an amendment to the Defense Reauthorization bill. The fact that this vote was even possible is a testament to the strength of our movement.

Alongside DREAMers who lead the fight for the DREAM Act, we demonstrated our power by mobilizing overwhelming support from every part of the county.

The intensity of support for the DREAM Act was simply amazing. In just over 5 days, 70 events in 26 states, along with over 50,000 calls and 90,000 faxes.

Now that, my friends, is a movement.

Today’s outcome is sad, it’s frustrating, it’s angering and it’s unjust. But we still have work to do and this fight is far from over. If you’re like me, you’re asking yourself – what next? The first step (in many to come) is to call your own Senator and either than them for doing the right thing, or tell them they sold us out and you are watching.

The numbers below will automatically route you to your own Senator. Use the lists after the jump to know where your Senator stood. One note: Senator Harry Reid voted “NOâ€
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

Who set up this toll free number?!!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: DO NOT CALL TOLL FREE NUMBER FOR DREAM ACT SUPPORTERS

Quote Originally Posted by GoodOleDays
    Quote Originally Posted by April

Are we sure about this? I hope she was mistaken, because if that is true we have been calling voting FOR the Dream Act for a long time.

See the date on this post....... Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:17 pm Post subject: DREAM/amnesty lobby considers next step. GoodOleDays-I think the link in the post below is supposed to be reformimmigratioÂ*nforamerica.Â*org . The link in the post does not work.

[quote="LawEnforcer"] http://reformimmigrationforamerica(dot)org/blog/blog/what-next-call-senators-to-say-you-are-watching/

Today, a vote in the Senate blocked action on the DREAM Act as an amendment to the Defense Reauthorization bill. The fact that this vote was even possible is a testament to the strength of our movement.

Alongside DREAMers who lead the fight for the DREAM Act, we demonstrated our power by mobilizing overwhelming support from every part of the county.

The intensity of support for the DREAM Act was simply amazing. In just over 5 days, 70 events in 26 states, along with over 50,000 calls and 90,000 faxes.

Now that, my friends, is a movement.

Today’s outcome is sad, it’s frustrating, it’s angering and it’s unjust. But we still have work to do and this fight is far from over. If you’re like me, you’re asking yourself – what next? The first step (in many to come) is to call your own Senator and either than them for doing the right thing, or tell them they sold us out and you are watching.

The numbers below will automatically route you to your own Senator. Use the lists after the jump to know where your Senator stood. One note: Senator Harry Reid voted “NOâ€
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Here is another toll free number people use that may have also registered a pro-Dream Act vote. 866-967-6018

I sure wish I knew how to find out for sure.

If this is all true, our elected officials need to be somehow informed of this.
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

FYI

We had an infiltrator that put up a convincing post post about the toll free number a couple of days ago. Total number of posts was 2. When it was discovered we had been deceived his post/thread was pulled and he was banned.

However it was in that thread that a member here confirmed the bad news.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Let's think this through...

When you call a Congressional office you speak to an individual regardless of the number you dial. You indicate to that individual that you are opposed to the Dream Act.

So according to someone, your opposition to the bill then gets recorded as supporting the legislation because of the number you dialed in from? I don't see that as likely.

Think of it this way....There are no independent phone lines established in each Congressional office by the Democratic party. That would in fact be unlawful, would it not?

So how can the staffer receiving your call determine how or from where you called into Congress?

Fact is they can't. It ALL comes in through the trunk line at the Congressional switchboard.

Now is there a counter on the toll free number courtesy of the service provider? Absolutely. They most likely use it primarily to determine the fee for the line.

Can it also be used to estimate the number of presumably supportive calls made on that number to Congress? Sure!

As I recall, you also have to listen to some talking points on the toll-free number before your call is redirected, right?

THAT is where your call gets recorded as an affirmative on the DREAM legislation, not at the Congressional office you are calling!

The thing is, those numbers aren't worth a fart in a whirlwind except for propaganda purposes. If the numbers are rolled out to support their position, it will be quite amusing to counter with the public revelation that anti-DREAM forces used the pro-amnesty PAC resources to counter their push on the legislation.

I think the source of this advice (the staffer) intentionally deceived the caller to stop the viral overuse of the number. Wanna bet it was a Democrat staffer working on Capitol Hill in a legislative sponsor's office?

Bottom line, IMHO it doesn't matter how the opposition portrays your intent, so long as you make it clear to the Senator whose staff you speak with that you OPPOSE DREAM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast