Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I worked as a library aid in a local city library in Los Angeles County for 20 years. I saw the library go from helping Americans, to creating all kinds of programs for Spanish speakers. Everything was bilingual or Spanish only...We had 'Story Time' in Spanish for Spanish speaking children, also programs in Spanish for non-english speaking teenagers and adults.. I remember tons of reading material, books, magazines, movies and newspapers, constantly being ordered in Spanish! The employee's that were bilingual were paid more than the rest of us who could only speak english!

In Pennsylvania we have a program Information & Communication in Emergency or (ICE) In an emergency Paramedics are able to view our important contacts on our cell phones in case of an accident. (We place the numbers in,it's not 911)
    I'm just learning my phones functions. In a very crowded store, I missed a call and attempted to call back. I said call ICE, my phone replied ice1 ice2or ice 3? (This easier than searching when your hands are full)
    The effect was immediate, people left the store in a hurry.
    I asked the checkout person what was going on, she replied that someone called ICE.
    Well then I realized what they assumed and I caused the problem.
    With a little smile I left the store. Sad to say I actually enjoyed my little mistake. MY bad!
    "It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself".
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123