Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dobbs: The November surprise

Dobbs: The November surprise

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Pakistan's President, Gen. Pervez Musharraf, has carried out another coup to preserve the status quo, and the result has been violence and civil unrest. But chaos is hardly limited to Pakistan.

Some 100,000 Turkish troops are massed on Iraq's northern border eager to attack Kurdish rebels. Iran continues to defy the West in its pursuit of nuclear weapons, while supporting Shiite insurgents in Iraq. More of our troops have been killed this year in Iraq than in any year since the war began, and the war has now lasted longer than World War II. It is no coincidence that as instability and violence spreads through the Islamic world, and particularly in the Middle East, the price of crude oil is nearing $100 a barrel.

The United States also faces critical geopolitical and economic challenges from Russia and China, while the U.S. dollar plummets in world currency markets and our credit markets are racked by a trillion-dollar subprime-mortgage crisis and nearly 2 million home foreclosures.

And, yes, we have a president and a Congress who are held in not only disregard but also contempt by the American people. Not only are the poll ratings of both President Bush and this Congress at or near historic lows, but the vast majority of Americans also believe our great nation is headed in the wrong direction.

As I say in my new book -- Independents Day: Awakening the American Spirit -- the arrogance of our political leaders now threatens the future of our nation, and their elitist sense of entitlement has reached such heights that our leaders are now openly dismissive of the will of the people. Working men and women and their families are simply not being represented in Washington.

One year from now, we will have elected a new president. As eager as I am for that reality, I can't imagine any one of the current candidates for their party's nomination being chosen by the American people to lead this nation for the next four years. I believe the person elected a year from now will be an Independent populist, a man or woman who understands the genius of this country lies in the hearts and minds of its people and not in the prerogatives and power of its elites.

As I travel around the country, my feeling about the lack of true candidates is validated by those I talk with: They are not excited about the candidates seeking their party's nomination. The Democratic and Republican Parties have become merely opposite wings of the same bird, and it's the American people who are getting the bird as our elected officials serve their corporate masters and the special interest groups that dominate both parties.

Has anything really changed since the Democrats took office after the 2006 midterm elections? Has this Congress passed any real legislation aimed at helping this nation's middle class versus corporate America and the wealthiest among us?

Take, for example, the Senate Democrats who for some reason can't decide whether to close the hedge fund tax loophole that allows executives at private equity firms and hedge funds to pay a tax rate of only 15 percent on most of their income. Closing the loophole would be the best way to reform the alternative minimum tax and provide relief for millions of middle-class families, but these Senate Democrats are being guided by the almighty forces of campaign contributions and lobbying dollars. These Senate Democrats, like their Republican colleagues, are serving a few wealthy folks at the expense of our working men and women.

The presidential candidates on both sides of the aisle are fighting for campaign contributions and selling themselves to corporate America in the process, and we all know the end result of such practices. Corporate America is funneling money into both political parties, hedging their bets in the hopes that no matter which candidate is eventually elected, all their political bases are covered. Donating the maximum $2,300 contribution to two candidates whose ideologies are of direct contradiction is now commonplace.

The day will come soon when we'll have the opportunity to choose new leaders who understand and respect our independence and right of self-determination. We the people still possess the power to chart the course of our own destiny. I don't know who will win the next election, but I doubt that independent Americans will choose any one of the announced candidates now running.

More Americans than ever before are now identifying themselves as independents, and I hope millions of Americans in the day and weeks ahead will drop their party affiliation and become independents, refusing to be taken for granted by these two political parties and refusing to be taken for fools by the candidates they're putting forward.

I believe that independent Americans will demand a far better choice than any of the candidates now seeking their party's nomination. I believe next November's surprise will be the election of a man or woman of great character, vision and accomplishment, a candidate who has not yet entered the race.
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/06/Dobbs.Nov7/index.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I believe we are all witnessing the End Times, but how long those "End Times" will last, is only known to God Himself. We could have another hundred years, so we need to continue to fight hard for what is right. I hope and pray (I pray first really, then hope) for the right president to be elected, to help us fight for what is right.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Amen, AmericanElizabeth. Lou Dobbs outlined many of these points last evening on the Larry King hour. I found it interesting that Lou believes that someone will emerge to run for President that has not stepped into the ring as of yet.

Psalm 32
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And the lion will lay down with the lamb and there will be a thousand years of peace.........

MAYBE WE SHOULD START A LOU DOBBS FOR PRESIDENT SITE?????? He seems to know more about the U.S. and the rest of the world then anyone else running!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    I found it interesting that Lou believes that someone will emerge to run for President that has not stepped into the ring as of yet.

Psalm 32
    Yes, that was very uplifting. Lou is a smart man. He doesn't say things out of nowhere. I think he may be right. If an independent runs --especially one tough on immigration-- I think they have a good chance of winning.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

But who? Is there really anyone out there that has not announced their candidacy that just knocks your socks off?
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Quote Originally Posted by kniggit
    But who? Is there really anyone out there that has not announced their candidacy that just knocks your socks off?
    Good question, kniggit. I really cannot think of anyone, unless it would be the man himself, Mr. Lou Dobbs!

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Good question, kniggit. I really cannot think of anyone, unless it would be the man himself, Mr. Lou Dobbs!
    Now that would be a dream come true.

Imagine voting for someone you really trusted and believed in!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senator Jeff Sessions as President- Tancredo or Hunter as V.P.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There is no "SAVIOUR" coming that isn't already around.

DOBBS is suggesting that former major GREENBURG is that billion dollar candidate. That is who he is suggesting.

The CFR are losing traction with their "chosen" candidates so they are pushing for this.

Why Lou DOES NOT support Ron Paul or Tancredo is BEYOND ME, and should be a curious sign for many of you on what his real agenda is. As each of those are completely inline with Lou on this... weird.

Also, someone should ping Lou Dobbs RIGHT NOW.... he is live and he should be let known of that La Raza appropriation bill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast