Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DOJ, Civil Rights Div. Voting Section

http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/voting/misc/faq.htm#faq01

Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Voting Section

What does the Voting Rights Act do?

The Voting Rights Act bans all kinds of racial discrimination in voting. For years, many states had laws on their books that served only to prevent minority citizens from voting. Some of these laws required people to take a reading test or interpret some passage out of the Constitution in order to vote, or required people registering to vote to bring someone already registered who would vouch for their "good character." The Voting Rights Act made these and other discriminatory practices illegal, and gave private citizens the right to sue in federal court to stop them. In recent times, courts have applied the Act to end race discrimination in the method of electing state and local legislative bodies and in the choosing of poll officials.

Lots of more interesting stuff on the site. Has anyone contacted their state voting section?

Isn't it a civil rights violation of mine if my vote is being watered down by the votes of illegal aliens?

my God!!

God forbid one should be able to read in order to vote. God forbid one should be able to interpret a section of the Constitution in order to vote.

This is unbelievable. The DOJ wants to turn us into a bunch of hay seeds. You don't have to be able to read or to be able to interepret the Constitution in order to vote? You don't have to be able to THINK?

The ability obtain fraudulent ID seems to help though.