Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dole and Burr are at odds (This is Burr home town paper)

From the Winston Salem Joural
    Jouralnow.com
    http://www.winstonsalemjournal.com/

Friday, May 25, 2007
    Debate: Dole and Burr are at odds over citizenship provisions in immigration bill

http://www.winstonsalemjournal.com/serv ... 3351339439

This is Sen Burr home town paper (Winston Salem, N.C. ) You can also give your opnion on the story
    * <div>[b]<div>2000 people has visited http://www.dumpgloria.com/ in the last 3 months
    People who believes in God, America, The Bill Of Rights and Limited Government.
    </div>
    </div>

That can't be from his home town chairman, the article was in English!

I also noted Dole stated in the piece that she is not an advocate of mass deportation, and nowhere did either Dole or Burr refer to firming up penalties against employers. Also, Dole somehow perceives tighter border control from the bill, which is at best imaginary. I think they both will side with corporate interests and betray the core constituency.

Banned
    Friday, May 25, 2007

Debate: Dole and Burr are at odds over citizenship provisions in immigration bill

By Mary M. Shaffrey
    JOURNAL WASHINGTON BUREAU

A week into the debate on the White House-backed immigration bill, North Carolina’s two Republican senators are divided on one of the more contentious aspects of the bill - allowing a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants currently in the country.

Sen. Elizabeth Dole is dead set against it.

“The bill at this point would provide a special path to citizenship and that to me is a key point. (There should be) no special path to citizenship,â€

Gutierrez, who emigrated from Cuba to the United States when he was 7, said that the bill is good for North Carolina because many immigrants to the state, as in others, are doing jobs that Americans won’t do. And if these jobs aren’t done, such industries as agriculture suffer.
    And I now know/understand why our founding fathers made sure that they included in the U.S. CONSTITUTION a clause PROHIBITING A FOREIGN BORN PRESIDENT
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OK, so Burr finally says he is going to sell out and vote for amnesty. I will continue calling every day, but what else can we do?
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

I fired off an email to Shaffrey!!!

[quote]"What this program will do is it will bring it out into the open and it will become part of the formal economy, which means these folks will pay taxes.â€