Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Donald Trump blasts Tony Blair, comments on Brexit, relationship with Princess Diana

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Smile Donald Trump blasts Tony Blair, comments on Brexit, relationship with Princess Diana

By REBECCA SHABAD CBS NEWS May 17, 2016, 11:44 AM

Donald Trump blasts Tony Blair, comments on Brexit, relationship with Princess Diana

Donald Trump blasted former British Prime Minister Tony Blair for his decision to join the war in Iraq, weighed in on the Brexit debate and denied old rumors about his interest in marrying the late Princess Diana.

In an interview on ITV's "Good Morning Britain" with Piers Morgan, Trump called Blair's decision a "disaster," according to reports. The presumptive nominee also warned that the pending Chilcot Inquiry report about Britain's role in Iraq, that's due to be released next month, will show Blair did a "terrible job."

"It can only be a disaster. You shouldn't have come in. But you did," he said.

He also denied rumors that he saw Princess Diana as the "ultimate trophy wife."

"Totally false," said Trump, who said he met her in New York once. "I read that story that I was calling her or something? It was so false...I did respect her, but no interest from that standpoint. But I did meet her once, and I thought she was lovely."

In separate clips released Monday, he responded to several current and former British officials who have criticized the presumptive GOP nominee. British Prime Minister David Cameron called Trump "stupid, divisive and wrong" in December, after Trump released a proposal temporarily banning Muslims from entering the U.S.

"Honestly, I don't care. It doesn't matter," Trump said. "It looks like we're not going to have a very good relationship. Who knows? I hope to have a good relationship with him. It sounds like he's not willing to address the problem either."

Downing Street said Monday that the prime minister stands by that criticism.

In any case, trade relations with Britain would be fine, says Trump. If Britain agrees to what's become known as the "Brexit" -- that is, exiting the European Union in a vote in June -- Britain "would certainly not be back of the queue," he told ITV.

But President Obama has said the opposite, that if Britain exits the European Union, U.S. trade negotiations would focus first on the larger bloc of countries in the EU, leaving Britain at "the back of the queue."

Trump also had a response for London's new Muslim mayor, Sadiq Khan, who called his message on Muslims "ignorant." Trump told Morgan, "When he won, I wished him well. Now, I don't care about him."

He added that he's offended by Khan's latest comment.

"I think they're very rude statements, and frankly, tell him I will remember those statements. They're very nasty statements," he said.

Trump blasts Tony Blair, comments on relationship with Princess Diana Trump said that Blair's decision to go into Iraq was a "disaster"

But President Obama has said the opposite, that if Britain exits the European Union, U.S. trade negotiations would focus first on the larger bloc of countries in the EU, leaving Britain at "the back of the queue."
    ALERT!! ALERT!! Hey, world, Obama no longer speaks for US. If you're still falling for his poo-poo, then you are stoopid. And who the hell cares what Tony Blair thinks? He's so stoopid he fell for the Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq poo-poo.

We're done with the "poo-poo". We want real men, real women, real Americans leading this nation. LETS GO TRUMP!! Keep keepin' on. The TRUMP TRAIN is rollin' rollin' rollin' to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

VOTE TRUMP!

RYAN'S GOTTA GO!

SCOTT BROWN FOR VP!
    Last edited by Judy; 05-17-2016 at 03:22 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Last edited by artist; 05-17-2016 at 04:18 PM.