Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Donald Trump to GOP: 'Be Quiet' or I’ll Lead Alone

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Donald Trump to GOP: 'Be Quiet' or I’ll Lead Alone

Donald Trump to GOP: 'Be Quiet' or I’ll Lead Alone

By Candace Smith
    ATLANTA, GA — Jun 15, 2016, 6:02 PM ET

Donald Trump issued a harsh directive for fellow members of his party: Be quiet or I’ll be forced to lead alone.

Speaking in the historic Fox Theater in Atlanta, Georgia, Trump appeared to be fed up with leadership of the party he will likely lead into the November election.

"You know, the Republicans, honestly folks, our leaders, our leaders have to get tougher. This is too tough to do it alone. But you know what, I think I’m going to be forced to. I think I am going to be forced to, our leaders have to get a lot tougher,” he began.

He added, icily, "And be quiet. Just please be quiet. Don't talk, please be quiet.”

Trump has had a very tenuous relationship with many other Republicans, strife stemming from many of his more controversial proposals statements, including a plan to temporarily ban refugees and Muslims, and his statement that doubted whether an American judge could be impartial in a lawsuit due to his Mexican heritage.

Speaker of the House Paul Ryan withheld his endorsement of Trump for a long time. When he finally made the announcement he would endorse Trump, the presumptive GOP nominee unleashed his criticism of judge Gonzalo Curiel -- prompting a swift rebuke from Ryan, among others.

In fact, Trump's comments have led some top Republicans to take back their endorsements. The former Republican nominee, Mitt Romney, has refused to support Trump, predicting his candidacy will result in “trickle-down racism.”

But Trump remains defiant as ever.

“They have to get tougher. They have get sharper,” he said in Atlanta. "They have to get smarter. We have to have to -- our Republicans -- either stick together or let me just do it by myself. I'll do very well."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donal...ry?id=39884628
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Anyone who thought Trump would "pivot" to appease the "Establishment" just got their answer. This is basically a message that either you're with me or you're against me, and if you're against me, sit down and shut up.

Trump has had a very tenuous relationship with many other Republicans, strife stemming from many of his more controversial proposals statements, including a plan to temporarily ban refugees and Muslims, and his statement that doubted whether an American judge could be impartial in a lawsuit due to his Mexican heritage.
    He didn't say that. What he said was that this particular Judge was biased against Trump because Trump wants to build a wall between Mexico and the US due to his Mexican heritage. To state only one part of his statement, is to be a biased lying reporter, why Trump can't stand most of you, and rightly so. I can't stand most of you. You're disgusting and despicable in the way you are reporting on this election, especially on Trump. You're Democrat bias shows so deep, wide and long that it would be comical if it weren't such a serious matter.

Our country is bankrupt, twice as many people out of the work force than there should be, wages haven't risen in 18 years, our country has lost 40% of its manufacturing operations since NAFTA. Terrorists are roaming around more easily than fleas on a stray dog. Yet, you want to abuse your free press credentials to write this garbage to try to mislead voters into hating on Trump so they'll vote for Hillary??!!

You are completely repulsive.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn