Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Donald Trump tells bikers: illegal immigrants get better care than US military vets

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Post Donald Trump tells bikers: illegal immigrants get better care than US military vets

Donald Trump tells bikers: illegal immigrants get better care than US military veterans

Donald Trump addresses bikers during Memorial Day weekend in Washington DC CREDIT:JAMES DUGGAN/REUTERS
    Rob Crilly, us correspondent 30 MAY 2016 • 1:53AM

I
    llegal immigrants are better looked after in the US than the nation's own military veterans, claimed Donald Trump on Sunday as he addressed a rally of bikers in Washington.

"Thousands of people are dying waiting in line to see a doctor. That is not going to happen any more," he told the crowd gathered in front of the Lincoln Memorial, without offering any evidence to support his provocative claim.

Motorcyclists parade through Washington during the annual Rolling Thunder eventCREDIT: MLADEN ANTONOV/AFP

He was speaking during the annual Rolling Thunder event, which brings thousands of bikers to the capital each Memorial Day weekend.

The motorcyclists and veterans received the presumptive Republican presidential nominee in rapturous fashion, a reminder of how the billionaire businessman has rewritten political rules with his populist campaign.

"What I like about Trump is that he is one of us. He's not a politician," Louis Naymik, 52, told the Associated Press news agency.

Last year Mr Trump angered many veterans with his snide criticism of John McCain
    , the senator who spent more than five years as a prisoner of war after his plane was shot down in Vietnam.

"I like people who weren't captured," said Mr Trump as he ridiculed Mr McCain's record.

Since then Mr Trump has frequently praised veterans and raised money on their behalf.

The Rolling Thunder event, which was expected to attract 300,000 people to Washington, is held to focus attention on veterans' issues.

Mr Trump told his audience: "We're with you 100 per cent.”

The crowd was smaller than Mr Trump has experienced elsewhere during his campaign, with organisers estimating that he attracted about 5000 people for his speech.

Newlyweds Tim Chambers, a US Marine, and Lorraine Heist greet bikers CREDIT: JOSE MAGANA/AP

Mr Trump insisted that 600,000 had tried to assemble but had been prevented by police.

Donald Trump's anti-immigrant rhetoric sparks rush for American citizenship

"I thought this would be like Dr. Martin Luther King, where the people would be lined up from here all the way to the Washington monument, right? Unfortunately, they don't allow 'em to come
    in," he said as he concluded his remarks.

He promised it would be easier next year.

Donald Trump tells bikers: illegal immigrants get better care than US military veterans

Get our "Bikers on the Border" and turn all these illegals right back around!

Our government is FAILING to stop this invasion of OUR Country. Shame on you people who have the power to stop this in it's tracks! You are disgusting traitors to this Country.

No papers...no entry...no detention...no rights...no freebies.

They came through Mexico and the can go right back through Mexico.

I thought it was interesting, it seemed not even one protester showed up to cause trouble there. Maybe they were afraid to show up with so many bikers/veterans on the scene?

Hillary: Trump Shamed Into Donations for Veterans Groups

"I don't know that he should get much credit"

5.31.2016 News Paul Bois

Shortly after presidential candidate Donald Trump unveiled a $5.6 million donation to veterans groups, his opponent Hillary Clinton exclaimed to CNN that he had been "shamed" into it by the media.

Speaking over the phone with Jake Tapper, Clinton said Trump doesn't deserve "much credit" for the large donation, claiming he did it just to save face.

"Look, I'm glad he finally did it, but I don't know that he should get much credit," Hillary said.

"I think the problem here is the difference between what Donald Trump says and what Donald Trump does."
    "It took a reporter to shame him into actually making his contribution," she added, failing to specify the identity of that reporter.

Amid the unveiling, Trump accused Clinton of making zero contributions to veterans groups, which she refuted to Jake Tapper, saying she raised money for the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund alongside Arizona Sen.

John McCain.
    Clinton also said she personally gave money to the fund, though she did not say the exact amount, as noted by CNN.

Hillary: Trump Shamed Into Donations for Veterans Groups
    Last edited by European Knight; 06-01-2016 at 12:59 AM.