Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Donald Trump Will Allow Illegal Aliens To Stay In U.S.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

US TV network NBC fires Donald Trump over Mexico comments

Donald Trump made the controversial comments while announcing his presidential campaign

US TV network NBC is cutting ties with Donald Trump over "recent derogatory statements" that the veteran businessman made about immigrants.

NBC said the company would now not be airing the Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants that are co-owned by Mr Trump.

Responding to the announcement, Mr Trump said he would consider suing NBC.

Earlier this month, he accused Mexicans of adding drugs and crime to the US as he announced he was seeking the Republican presidential nomination.

"They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists, and some I assume are good people, but I speak to border guards, and they tell us what we are getting," he said in his speech on 16 June.

He also pledged to build a "great wall" on the US border with Mexico and insisted it would be paid for by Mexicans.

He later insisted he was criticising US lawmakers, not Mexican people.

Mr Trump has threatened to sue NBC and Univision for dropping his beauty pageant shows

NBC had faced pressure from Hispanic advocacy groups to drop Mr Trump's shows and a petition on the Change.org website gathered more than 200,000 signatures.

On Monday, the network issued a statement saying: "At NBC, respect and dignity for all people are cornerstones of our values."

Celebrity Apprentice would continue to be aired, it added, as it is licensed from a separate group. Mr Trump stopped hosting the show when he entered the presidential contest.

'NBC is weak"

He issued a statement shortly after NBC's announcement, saying he stood by his statements on illegal immigration, "which are accurate".

"NBC is weak, and like everybody else is trying to be politically correct - that is why our country is in serious trouble," he said.

He claimed the network had violated its contract and said the move would be "determined in court".

NBC is the second network to drop the divisive politician after Univision, one of the largest US Spanish-language broadcasters, also ended its coverage of Miss USA.

After being dropped by Univision last week, Mr Trump accused the Mexican government of pressuring the network, saying: "They want to silence Donald Trump. And Donald Trump can't be silenced."

Even if his commercial prospects are taking a battering, Mr Trump's political fortunes seem to be improving.

Polls suggest he is running second to former Florida Governor Jeb Bush in the crowded field of Republican hopefuls.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33321290

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I think your thoughts on this are good. But I don't think we should let Trump get by with it. The legal position for him is what the law says which is deport. All benefits should be cut, but that requires changes to the law to strip them of benefits they're entitled to through the anchor babies, which requires Congress to act.

I think we can still keep him in mind because I love him on trade and I was really excited about a campaign with him in it, he's a firestorm, but this stance of letting them stay if they do something, doesn't solve the problem which is they're taking jobs away from Americans and deflating our workers wages and benefits. That is unacceptable and for that reason alone they all have to go, even the "good" people and those who "work hard". They work no harder than Americans, so there's no reason for them to be here working instead of filling all those jobs with Americans. Sure, Americans may want better wages and working conditions, that's why we once had the highest standard of living in the world. When that is undercut by illegal aliens and excess immigrants, then our country sinks because our citizens can't sustain themselves.

Someone has told Trump to say these things, because it is completely different than what he's said for 30 years. So it must be that new guy he hired. Now, Trump may also know that any system to stay would have to pass Congress and perhaps he's betting that won't happen. If that's a possibility, then I'm back following his wagon, not on it, but close behind following and watching ready to jump on when some of these statements are clarified during the campaign which i expect they will be, assuming they're clarified in a manner than I could accept. Like JohnDoe2 said, we don't have to decide until we're ready to cast a vote in the primary. I really hope he makes the top 10 and is in the debates.
    Obama opened up a can of worms in my opinion and I'd play on that myself. Use Executive Orders to change the system demanding either Congress act to fix it and if they can't then whatever Executive Order given to stand. I'd use an Executive Order stating intent of the 14th Amendment which is not intended to grant US Citizenship to those evading US Jurisdiction, then use the DOJ and Homeland Security to enforce it on states harshly. The courts will take years on it and given a few other issues with the courts I'd be planning to do the courts would be semi non fuctional with enough charges against the right judges to put that system down for awhile. Congress would have to act and I don't see Congress ever passing an Act that states illegal babies should get automatic ciitizenship so either Congress would agree or be stalled.

But Trump is smart. He knows enforcement, deportation, and even benefits being denied is in the Presidents hands. However the *pathway to legal status* is a Congressional issue and out of his hands beyond signing or vetoing. With Congress's deadlock he can play middle man doing what he can while softly saying Congress needs to do the rest which he will support. He'd have a LONG time to get rid of illegals before Congress would ever act and by the possible time the illegal issue may be small and minor where Congress simply ignores illegals once again.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I still say you're an amnesty supporter or your not. Besides that, I have absolutely no confidence in Trumps integrity. Remember, this is a man that has his own clothing line made in China. If he's so all-American, why didn't he insist on making the cloths under his name in the United States?
    So if you owned a business that required simple factory work with tons of competition you would buy your products made in the US with every piece of it manufactured in the US? Have it made in China and lets say it costs you total of $2 per piece but in the US it would cost you $10 per piece. Now this is at the wholesale level remember. So your competitors are selling their products to retailers at $8 per piece to a retailer which in turn sells it for $20 (60% average retail markup) but you have to sell yours at above $10 to make any profit while your competitors already have a 300% profit where its already a loss for you. The retailer doesn't want to pay $12 to you which is 50% more for a *Made in America* item because people want cheap and they also take less profit.

This is what happens and this is why many business's are forced into these practices if they want to even stay in business. Americans have shown time and time again they have no loyalty in mass towards American products and with very lax rules for saying something is *Made in America* it also fails. A business can buy all the parts for making an item overseas and just assemble in the US and they qualify for *Made in America* sadly.

Wrong answer Donald Trump! It is good that you see the problems with illegal immigration and that you are speaking out.

But anyone with more than two brain cells knows that if you allow all or most of the current stock of illegal aliens to stay in America they will eventually vote either legally or illegally and those millions of votes will destroy conservatives and America's borders and laws forevermore.

The illegals must go as both our current laws and the US Constitution both require and most of them would leave within a year if a US President told them to go before he or she would start enforcing the laws on them!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    Wrong answer Donald Trump! It is good that you see the problems with illegal immigration and that you are speaking out.

But anyone with more than two brain cells knows that if you allow all or most of the current stock of illegal aliens to stay in America they will eventually vote either legally or illegally and those millions of votes will destroy conservatives and America's borders and laws forevermore.

The illegals must go as both our current laws and the US Constitution both require and most of them would leave within a year if a US President told them to go before he or she would start enforcing the laws on them!

W
    Yes it was the wrong answer and very different than what he said for 30 years, so I'm puzzled by it because I know it's what he believes or what he wants to do, so damn if I can figure out why he said it or what he's really up to with it. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
    Last edited by Judy; 06-30-2015 at 11:16 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012 View Post
    So if you owned a business that required simple factory work with tons of competition you would buy your products made in the US with every piece of it manufactured in the US? Have it made in China and lets say it costs you total of $2 per piece but in the US it would cost you $10 per piece. Now this is at the wholesale level remember. So your competitors are selling their products to retailers at $8 per piece to a retailer which in turn sells it for $20 (60% average retail markup) but you have to sell yours at above $10 to make any profit while your competitors already have a 300% profit where its already a loss for you. The retailer doesn't want to pay $12 to you which is 50% more for a *Made in America* item because people want cheap and they also take less profit.

This is what happens and this is why many business's are forced into these practices if they want to even stay in business. Americans have shown time and time again they have no loyalty in mass towards American products and with very lax rules for saying something is *Made in America* it also fails. A business can buy all the parts for making an item overseas and just assemble in the US and they qualify for *Made in America* sadly.
    I hear and understand what you're saying. However, I think Trump is being a hypocrite with his blasting of our trade policy and China when he is taking advantage of the situation out of pure greed. Personally, I think that says something about his integrity. If you're going to talk the talk, you have to walk the walk.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I hear and understand what you're saying. However, I think Trump is being a hypocrite with his blasting of our trade policy and China when he is taking advantage of the situation out of pure greed. Personally, I think that says something about his integrity. If you're going to talk the talk, you have to walk the walk.
    It's not greed at all, it's simple business. You can't blame the businesses, you have to blame the cause of the circumstances that force them out of the country, which is government policy, starting with repealing the income tax and passing the FairTax and dissolving these outrageous free trade agreements. I don't know what Trump's position is on income taxes versus FairTax, but we certainly know what his position is on bad trade agreements.

You didn't blame Mitt Romney for all his offshore investments did you? Did you call him a hypocrite? Oh wait, he supported free trade treason. Well, there you have it.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    It's not greed at all, it's simple business. You can't blame the businesses, you have to blame the cause of the circumstances that force them out of the country, which is government policy, starting with repealing the income tax and passing the FairTax and dissolving these outrageous free trade agreements. I don't know what Trump's position is on income taxes versus FairTax, but we certainly know what his position is on bad trade agreements.

You didn't blame Mitt Romney for all his offshore investments did you? Did you call him a hypocrite? Oh wait, he supported free trade treason. Well, there you have it.
    Exactly. Lets see Trump or any other major business try and compete using only US resources and NO imports at all. You'd find them bankrupt and trying to get a job at McDonald's very quickly as its just impossible to do business fairly in an unfair environment.

For instance MW, I'm looking to start a side business overseas in the Philippines (my wife is Filipina) where I happen to reside a fair bit working overseas and throughout Asia but mostly the Philippines. Now the average wage in the moderate sized city I'm looking to start the small business is about $4-5 a day. Now I'd love to be able to pay the handful workers I'll need to hire a more fair salary of about $15 a day (much different costs of living and that is a nice salary in the RP). Yet common business sense tells me if I do that my prices also go up so high no one will buy my products (just a small restaurant) because their are 100 other places for 1/3 the cost I would have to charge for just as good as a product and the prices would simply be to high for locals.

My point is you have the play by the same rules everyone else does or your business collapses.

Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012 View Post
    Exactly. Lets see Trump or any other major business try and compete using only US resources and NO imports at all. You'd find them bankrupt and trying to get a job at McDonald's very quickly as its just impossible to do business fairly in an unfair environment.

For instance MW, I'm looking to start a side business overseas in the Philippines (my wife is Filipina) where I happen to reside a fair bit working overseas and throughout Asia but mostly the Philippines. Now the average wage in the moderate sized city I'm looking to start the small business is about $4-5 a day. Now I'd love to be able to pay the handful workers I'll need to hire a more fair salary of about $15 a day (much different costs of living and that is a nice salary in the RP). Yet common business sense tells me if I do that my prices also go up so high no one will buy my products (just a small restaurant) because their are 100 other places for 1/3 the cost I would have to charge for just as good as a product and the prices would simply be to high for locals.

My point is you have the play by the same rules everyone else does or your business collapses.
    Exactly.

MW
    I still say he is being very hypocritical because nobody twisted his arm to do business in China! To my knowledge, unlike you ReformUSA, he has no personal connection to China, which means he's only in it for the money. By the way, running a restaurant and offering you services and goods to the local economy is totally different than making a product in another country and shipping it back to the United States.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast