Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Donald Trump's African-American Supporters Are Unapologetic

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Donald Trump's African-American Supporters Are Unapologetic

Donald Trump's African-American Supporters Are Unapologetic

By David Caplan
    Aug 21, 2016, 1:47 AM ET

Donald Trump's recent overtures to African-Americans has been met with skepticism by many voters.

After all, as ABC News previously reported, the Republican presidential nominee has declined invitations to speak at the NAACP, Urban League and the recent National Association of Black Journalists/National Association of Hispanic Journalists convention. Plus, the cities and towns which have hosted the recent rallies at which he's made such overtures, are overwhelmingly white.

"If African-American voters give Donald Trump a chance by giving me their vote, the result for them will be amazing," Trump said at a rally in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Thursday.

The following day, he proclaimed at a rally in Dimondale, Michigan, "At the end of four years, I guarantee you I will get over 95 percent of the African-American vote. I promise you."

And at rally in Fredericksburg, Virginia, on Saturday, he said, "I want our party to be the home of the African-American voter once again.”

Even though many voters are suspect of his comments, some African-Americans welcome his words and are supporting his presidential candidacy.

"It is time to wake up, African Americans -- wake up," Trump supporter Carl Nichols, who is African-American, told ABC News at the rally in Fredericksburg Saturday. "Life in Detroit, where I am from, looks like a warzone, because of the Democrats who have been there for 50 years. It's a big mess. Let's give the man a chance. You have tried out Obama, but it didn't work. I told you all that, it wasn't going to work. You had all the rest of these crazy folks, and it's time. It’s time to see what is going to happen."

Nichols continued, "I believe that if we give Mr. Trump a chance, I believe that things in Michigan are going to change. It is time for the African-Americans to wake up, read for yourselves, stop listening to CNN, and some of the other crazy news channels. Do research yourself. And stop listening to your buddies who are trying to keep you in bondage. I thank God for Mr. Trump, and we are going to win this thing."

Another African-American supporter at the rally, who told ABC News her first name is Jacqueline, said of Trump's claim that he can fix issues plaguing the black community, "I believe he can do a better job than Hillary can."

Jacqueline added that African-Americans have been essentially conditioned to vote for Democrats. "It's been so ingrained in us what we have been doing these past few years, and just like he said last night, it hasn't worked. But we're among those who are listening and want to try something new, so we are excited."

And Marquetta Colbert, another African-American supporter at the rally, agreed that Trump can solve problems plaguing some black communities. "I believe he is a guy who does what he says he is going to do," she said.

And Trump's message to African-American voters may speak to other minorities. Ray Flores, a Hispanic Trump supporter at Saturday's rally, said of the presidential hopeful's message, "I think it should resonate not only with African-American voters, but with Hispanic voters, as well."

He add, "I think it is bold and I think it is accurate. I see people waking up, regardless of what skin color, what ethnicity, we are. We are Americans. It’s time to stop the divisiveness that the Obama administration has perpetuated, and Hillary Clinton is only going to take us further down the road into despair."

ABC News' Maddie James contributed to this report.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donal...ry?id=41550947
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

WOW!! A positive truthful article by ABC!!

Thank you ABC, thank you very very much.

Thank you Trump Supporters for standing up, standing tall for Donald Trump!! Thank you very very much!!

KEEP THE PRESSURE ON THE CORRUPT MEDIA!! It will submit to the original purpose of a free press if we keep the pressure on them. What has been happening has been a sham by the Media against Trump, against his Supporters, against potential supporters, against the whole bases of free press and free and fair elections, and that means against the best interest of the United States and the American People.

VOTE FOR TRUTH, FREEDOM AND FAIRNESS!!

VOTE FOR COURAGE AND COMPETENCE TO GET R DONE!!

VOTE FOR DONALD J TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!
    Last edited by Judy; 08-21-2016 at 05:44 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn