Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wow, they sure do take care of the troops kind of like how FEMA or should I say Homeland Security is taking care those affected by Katrina.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    home.businesswire.com

September 02, 2005 06:40 PM US Eastern Timezone

Univision Partners with the American Red Cross to Assist in Hurricane Katrina Fundraising Relief Efforts; Massive, Multi-Platform Effort Dedicated to Raise Funds for Victims of Hurricane Katrina

MIAMI & WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 2, 2005--Univision Communications Inc. (NYSE: UVN) will partner with the American Red Cross to assist in fundraising efforts aimed at helping those in need due to the devastation resulting from Hurricane Katrina. Univision Communications will enlist its entire platform of media outlets in order to reach out to all constituents interested in contributing to the fundraising efforts.

As part of the massive, multi-platform effort, the Univision Networks will air a special edition of Sabado Gigante, hosted by Don Francisco, which will be simulcast on the Univision and Galavision Networks as well as RadioCadena Univision and will be streamed on Univision.com on September 3, 2005.

Univision will dedicate one hour of Sabado Gigante, from 10:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. ET, to generate monetary donations for the American Red Cross emergency relief fund. Univision News anchor Jorge Ramos and Univision Radio personality Eddie "Piolin" Sotelo will appear with other Univision talent and representatives of the American Red Cross. The show will include personal interest stories as well as reporters and interviews on-location from the Houston Astrodome, New Orleans and Mississippi. During this time and throughout the program, host Don Francisco will direct viewers to a Spanish-language toll-free phone line (1-800-275-7575), hosted by the American Red Cross and dedicated to this cause.

"It is extremely important that we are able to provide our audience with an effective vehicle through which to lend support to the victims of Hurricane Katrina immediately, while the need is the greatest," said Ray Rodriguez, President and Chief Operating Officer, Univision Communications Inc. "Combining the reach of Univision media with the dedication and outstanding leadership of the American Red Cross, we hope to be able to make a difference in the country's critical hurricane relief efforts."

"The American Red Cross is honored to join Univision in bringing this opportunity to the Hispanic population to help our friends and neighbors in need," said Bonnie McElveen-Hunter, Chairman of the American Red Cross. "Our mission to relieve suffering can only become a reality through the support and generosity of caring people."

Alongside the special edition of Sabado Gigante, Univision Communications presents the following fundraising efforts:

-- Television: Univision is producing on air announcements featuring Univision's talent, which encourage viewers to make a donation to the American Red Cross. In addition, Univision will continue its extensive news coverage across its three television networks.

-- Radio: Univision Radio is producing on air announcements featuring Univison Radio talent that encourages viewers to make a donation to the American Red Cross. In addition, Univision Radio will continue its extensive news coverage as well as special segments on public affairs programs, including 'Tu Voz en Washington' which airs Sunday on RadioCadena Univision.

-- Local Television/Radio: Radio and television local stations are running on air announcements with local talent. Stations are also coordinating food/water drives, which have thus far generated an outpouring of donations, and are working with local chapters of the American Red Cross in relief efforts.

-- Online: Univision.com has created a special section of its website accessed through "Cruz Roja", keyword: cruz roja, to house all hurricane-related coverage, essays, testimonials, photos and video. It has also posted the Spanish language toll-free phone number 800-275-7575 and a link to the American Red Cross website to facilitate donations. Univision.com encourages users to post names of missing relatives/friends as well as personal stories on its bulletin boards.

About the American Red Cross

The American Red Cross is a humanitarian organization, led by volunteers, that provides relief to victims of disasters and helps people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies. It does this through services that are consistent with its congressional charter and the fundamental principles of the American Red Cross and the International Red Cross Movement.

About Univision Communications Inc.

Univision Communications Inc. is the premier Spanish-language media company in the United States. Its operations include Univision Network, the most-watched Spanish-language broadcast television network in the U.S. reaching 98% of U.S. Hispanic Households; TeleFutura Network, a general-interest Spanish-language broadcast television network, which was launched in 2002 and now reaches 85% of U.S. Hispanic Households; Galavision, the country's leading Spanish-language cable network; Univision Television Group, which owns and operates 63 television stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico; Univision Radio, the leading Spanish-language radio group which owns and/or operates 66 radio stations in 16 of the top 25 U.S. Hispanic markets and 4 stations in Puerto Rico; Univision Music Group, which includes Univision Records, Fonovisa Records, and a 50% interest in Mexico-based Disa Records labels as well as Fonomusic and America Musical Publishing companies; and Univision Online, the premier Spanish-language Internet destination in the U.S. located at www.univision.com. Univision Communications also has a 50% interest in TuTv, a joint venture formed to broadcast Televisa's pay television channels in the U.S., and a non-voting 27% interest in Entravision Communications Corporation, a public Spanish-language media company. Univision Communications is headquartered in Los Angeles with television network operations in Miami and television and radio stations and sales offices in major cities throughout the United States.

For more information, please visit www.univision.net.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    Another friend of mine tells a story of why he like his dad would not give to the RC. His dad during WWII landed in England on his way else where. Said that them RC girls charged him for the donut and coffee.
    I heard that same story about the red cross charging for donuts and cofee from my mother. She hates the organization and will not give them any money.

In fact the red cross came to my town a few years ago when there was a brush fire that burned down quite a few houses in the area. A lot of people didn't want any help from them and ran them off their property. They were not really welcomed here because of all the bad press they received from their 9/11 actions.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I suspect they will have a hard time getting money this time around. How can they pay the CEO 450K? When disaster strikes the RC takes advantage and holds back millions.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Wasn't Elizabeth Dole in charge of the red cross about 10 years ago? I think she stepped down when her husband Bob Dole ran for president.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian503a
    Wasn't Elizabeth Dole in charge of the red cross about 10 years ago? I think she stepped down when her husband Bob Dole ran for president.

I think you are right. I sure hope they vote her out next election. She does not represent the people.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's probably a habit she picked up from the red cross.

Oops looks like I was wrong about when she resigned. She stepped down around January 1999.

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/ ... 2000/dole/

Jeesh, I wish you would have posted this last night. I donated 100 through them, but I will be calling in and disputing it tomorrow.

I knew that United Way was like that, but had not heard of RC yet, interesting statistics to say the least.
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

BTW whom would you suggest?
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

folks at Salvation Army are good as far as I know.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast