Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Don't Speak English? Then Bring Your Own Interpreter!

I saw a sign late this afternoon that just made my day.

I hadn't visited my local doctor's office in several months. This is a medium-sized town doctor office of approximately 2-4 doctors/physician's assistants depending on their turnover.

I clearly read a professionally-done sign (not handwritten) located near the front desk reception area. The message on top in Spanish and below in English basically stated, "If you do not speak English, you must bring an interpreter with you because our doctors, nurses and other staff do not speak Spanish." I didn't write down the exact wording but this is basically the message.

The office was overbooked and after an approximately 1 and 1/2 hour wait and other patients becoming irate too, I asked and received a rescheduled appointment for this non-sick visit. Therefore, I didn't actually see my doctor but I'm looking forward to mentioning the sign - I think I will send a letter before the next visit. I was very happy to read this sign because I see illegal aliens who refuse to learn or who refuse to assimilate and learn English being catered to more and more every day in so many businesses and non-profit sectors too.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

annie _ iam glad to see that! but here at Oregon health Sciences University , portland oregon - at the Dental school- a latino woman getting her teeth done had a argentianian interpreter- I dont know who paid for it- but something tells me the latina woman wasn't ---Rebecca

Wow, this is very encouraging! I hope more signs like that start popping up. Kudos to your doc!

Super great. Yep, the tide is turning, no doubt about it
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for the encouraging responses here and I will contact my doctor's office soon to say "thanks for the signs."

ThelmaHopkins (Rebecca), you mention a dental visit by a potential illegal alien. It happens that some time ago before you were a member I did post something in one post or another that my local dentist office is sympathethic to the issues of illegal immigration. I believe I posted that during a visit or two to my local dentist I gave them some material about illegal immigration issues. One of the key and long-time staff personnel told me that the dentist was known to say that the illegals should all be deported.

I did hear one story of a hispanic man who came in for dental treatment, had two separate SSI Nos., was on Medicaid and gave the dental office staff a hard time when he had to pay some cheap co-pay (i.e., $10 or less). This disgusted me because I'm without health (medical/dental/vision) coverage for almost three years now and have to pay full price as a legal US citizen. No co-pays for me on visits or prescriptions - I pay full price - yet some foreigners and perhaps illegal ones at that get the health coverage and less expensive co-payments on Medicaid.

It's not fair - it's not right - and it sucks!
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Annie--THAT is the best news I've heard in MONTHS! MORE POWER TO YOUR DOCTOR!! GOOD FOR HIM! I wish EVERYONE would post those signs and maybe some of this NONSENSE would STOP. I wonder if he has suffered recriminations for posting this sign?? Make sure you ask about that when you do get to see him and let us know.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Hmmmmmmm! Maybe I should stick a sign on my door that says, if you don't speak English don't even knock on my door! Wish we could have a telephone that would filter out the Spanish speaking callers, as well.

Some charity organizations soliciting donations have the nerve to call here and speak Spanish. I just hang up on them even though I have a pretty good idea what they are saying. I no longer tell them I don't speak Spanish, I just ignore them. Same way if people speak Spanish to me on the street. I just look right through them and pretend they don't exist.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's just about your only option where you live, JJ. If you said anything, you might get attacked. It must be INCREDIBLY BAD there. I just don't see how you STAND IT. I just COULDN'T.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Annie - that is the point- american citizens are lost in this debacle of illegal immigration- and americans are afraid to stand up because they are labeled nazi's and racists-