Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Don't stop calling!!!!!!!!

It appears that word has reached the Chamber of Commerce that the public is not pleased about illegal immigration. I guess the CoC members were too chicken to speak up in Hutchison and Cornyn's town hall meeting for fear of the public.

The citizens can not allow this special interest group to get the upper hand in this matter. Remind your senators that the CoC members don't outnumber the voters, which are opposed to illegal immigration and want strict enforcement.

There are no labor shortages in America, our unemployment rate is not Zero, and our wages are not on the rise to indicate demand. So what if some businesses go out of business. The ones that are fearful of loosing an illegal alien population are the retail, used car, immigration attorneys and services that cater to illegal aliens. Well, no big loss there. America as a whole wont even miss those businesses.

The economy will not fail but all aspects will adjust uniformly to the number of people removed. No loss there either.

Dixie

Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 10:40 AM
    To: Havel, Peter
    Cc:
    Subject: Please contact Senators Hutchison and Cornyn to encourage them to continue working to achieve significant immigration reform

Chamber Friends in Our Great State of Texas ,

On immigration reform, things are moving. The Senate will return to the immigration debate next week. Senators Cornyn and Hutchison are important players in that debate, and they need to hear from business now.

The need for reform is clear. Businesses of all sizes are experiencing worker shortages despite their best efforts to recruit U.S. workers. The demographics are unmistakable – we will need workers from beyond our borders as we grow in the future to fill both high-skilled and low-skilled jobs. Further, the 12+ million undocumented workers already here are holding down jobs now and are not going to be deported. We need to bring them out of the shadows and into society, while acknowledging that there should be real penalties for coming into the country illegally, and that they cannot be put ahead of those in line who are waiting to come into the country legally.

Employers are facing increasing and more confusing liability exposure under a dysfunctional federal system, while states and municipalities consider hundreds of new laws governing immigration in the face of the failure of Congress and the Administration to act. By last count, 1150 state and local immigration-related bills have been introduced this year – more than twice the number during all of 2006. And it’s certain that the Department of Homeland Security will continue to ramp up enforcement. We need a new law to clarify employer responsibilities and to deal with the realities of the workplace.

Now is the time to contact Senators Cornyn and Hutchison and urge both of them to work through the process and achieve the best possible bill. This doesn't necessarily imply endorsement of the Senate bill as it currently stands---only that it is important to keep the process moving because the status quo is unacceptable. You and your members can reach them at:

(omitted senators' contact info)

Thank you from your help on this crucial and difficult issue. If there’s anything that I can provide that would help, please let me know.

Pete Havel
    Executive Director, Southwest and South Central Regions
    U.S. Chamber of Commerce
    222 W. Las Colinas Blvd., Ste. 1560
    Irving, TX 75039
    Office- (972)387-1099, ext. 4282
    Mobile- (214)244-7906
    Fax- (972)404-9130
    www.uschamber.com
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Further, the 12+ million undocumented workers already here are holding down jobs
    Well, a few of them are and the rest are receiving social benefits/anchor baby money and free medical.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Read this carefully..........the seated traitor senators are using this mantra almost verbatum. and NOW we know who pushed the new phrase, STATUS QUO.
    Gotcha, Chamber of Horrors!!!

Now is the time to contact Senators Cornyn and Hutchison and urge both of them to work through the process and achieve the best possible bill. This doesn't necessarily imply endorsement of the Senate bill as it currently stands---only that it is important to keep the process moving because the status quo is unacceptable. You and your members can reach them at:

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Further, the 12+ million undocumented workers already here are holding down jobs
    Well, a few of them are and the rest are receiving social benefits/anchor baby money and free medical.

Dixie
    Actually, even those who are "holding down a job" are receiving FREEBIES/ENTITLEMENTS gratis of the AMERICAN TAXPAYER.

Babies here, babies there. Emergency rooms here, emergency rooms there. Food stamps here and food stamps there. blah blah blah
    Fake docs here and fake docs there!

so right

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis

Dixie
    Actually, even those who are "holding down a job" are receiving FREEBIES/ENTITLEMENTS gratis of the AMERICAN TAXPAYER.

Babies here, babies there. Emergency rooms here, emergency rooms there. Food stamps here and food stamps there. blah blah blah
    Fake docs here and fake docs there!
    And they are killing our innocent citizens at an alarming rate. I would hate like heck for a member of congress or senate to live through the pain and suffering my family has endured this past 5 months. All for cheap labor. My grandson's life was worth so much more than that. It might have to take a tradgedy like mine to happen to one them to open their eyes,though I sincerly hope not.
    Do They understand the word ILLEGAL????

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis

Dixie
    Oh I agree, they are underpaid and have dependents, which increases the benefit dollars because of the calculated poverty level.

Those CoC memebers are not paying for insurance or a prevailing wage. WE ARE for the whole illegal alien family!

Dixie

April
    bren223 wrote:

And they are killing our innocent citizens at an alarming rate. I would hate like heck for a member of congress or senate to live through the pain and suffering my family has endured this past 5 months. All for cheap labor. My grandson's life was worth so much more than that. It might have to take a tradgedy like mine to happen to one them to open their eyes,though I sincerly hope not.
    It is sad that there are families all over the United States feeling the same type of pain you are feeling bren, my heart goes out to all of you and my resolve to fight against this insantity that is killng our people is strengthened even more. I admire you strength and dedication to get justice for you grandson.

WE the PEOPLE must fight ON and continue calling, faxing and emailing as if our lives and the lives of our love ones depend on it, because they do.

I am so sick of all these organizations with their biased retoric trying to soften the impact that illegals have on our country. They use phrases like, "go to the back of the line." THEY'RE ALREADY AT THE FRONT!" What part of that don't they understand. "America needs these workers." What do they think we Americans do? Sit on our cans all day and wait for someone to go to work for us?

All of these empty words spouted by the Chamber of Commerce is just another tactic to get the American people to agree to let these border jumpers stay here.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

April
    tinybobidaho wrote:

All of these empty words spouted by the Chamber of Commerce is just another tactic to get the American people to agree to let these border jumpers stay here
    Exactly tiny, and it is up to us to make sure they know we ARE NOT going to allow their lies and manipulations to sway us in the least! GOOOO PATRIOTS!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by April
    bren223 wrote:

It is sad that there are families all over the United States feeling the same type of pain you are feeling bren, my heart goes out to all of you and my resolve to fight against this insantity that is killng our people is strengthened even more. I admire you strength and dedication to get justice for you grandson.

WE the PEOPLE must fight ON and continue calling, faxing and emailing as if our lives and the lives of our love ones depend on it, because they do.
    And I continue to do so. Justice for Joshua and all the other victims is now my lifes goal. I live and breathe faxes, emails, letters etc. Knowing people,such as yourself,W.,Dixie,Sosad,Kate and everyone else here are fighting with me helps me to heal. Its going to take a life time to get through this tragedy and if takes the rest of my life to get their story heard and known so be it . Its good to know your on our side.
    Do They understand the word ILLEGAL????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast