Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

And the Dream Act for my child?

Mr president Obama, democratics and republicans. My 14 years old daughter also has the dream of going to College, She is an American citizen, good student take classes of gifted students, she wants to be a Doctor, and does anyone worry for her dream?
    All Countries have bordersÂ* and laws must be respected

Re: And the Dream Act for my child?

Quote Originally Posted by light
    Mr president Obama, democratics and republicans. My 14 years old daughter also has the dream of going to College, She is an American citizen, good student take classes of gifted students, she wants to be a Doctor, and does anyone worry for her dream?
    you know what the illegals would say to her ? " just have babies so you can get welfare and food stamps!"

We are hispanics that live in California were of the former middle class. My husband is construction worker(exellent worker) U.S. Citizen ,it is not true that only illegal immigrants work hard in the construction industry and it is a highly paid job, if they were given immigration reform or the Dream Act the most affected wold be U.S. Citizen any legal hispanic residents.

I have seen a video in which a union activist was highlighting a group of construction workers at a site who were shown to be illegal aliens from Central America. The activist involved was a Puerto Rican construction worker who had grown up in New York.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh wow everyone on this thread is either Latino or has Latino relatives. So much for our being anti Latino.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: And the Dream Act for my child?

Quote Originally Posted by light

Great comment. I also have a 15 year old who is in the top 5% of his graduating class. With tuition what it is today, is there any hope and dream that my son might get to go to college? Somehow I don't think Obama give a crap.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Light not to worry, there are all kinds of scholarships for children of Hispanic origin.

Amen Light! Children of citizens first! I have written on another thread about how there are plenty of Mexican descent kids who can't pay off their student loans because the jobs are being given to illegals. The biggest example I know is airplane mechanic which is all done in TX border towns from what I have read. I don't know what is wrong with this nation just giving everything away to foreigners and overlooking citizens. Charity begins at home. Not just an idle phrase.

At any rate, my family has noticed that Mexicans born there seem to hate Mexican descent people born here just as much if not more than they hate gringos and negroes - or any US citizen period. My husband has suffered this for 70 years now - so it is not like it is a new development with the overtly communist inspired and trained brown power indigenous peoples thing. If they wish us to be more accepting of them they should not dish out so much hatred and racism. Then if they change, maybe after another 70 years I will reconsider. But as it stands now, they have nothing we want or need.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    Light not to worry, there are all kinds of scholarships for children of Hispanic origin.
    It worrys me because most of those scholarships are for low family income, and we have never been considered a low family income, including that we have had to pay for my kid to use the school bus. I have a girl in Special Education since she was 3 years old, and she never qualified for SSI, because of family income.