Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dream Act: Pros and Cons

http://obsthisland.blogspot.com/2009...-and-cons.html

The Dream Act is one of those most controversial issues in the immigration debate.

With Harvard president Drew Gilpin Faust recently endorsing the Dream Act, I thought it'd be a good opportunity to hear from some of the leading minds on both sides of the debate.

Some of you probably read the New York Times’ recent series on immigration “Remade in America.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Class Ranking With Undocumented Students Ruin American Citizens' Chances

Everyone needs to understand what the non college route undocumented students are doing to the Class Ranking of American Students trying to get into American Colleges.

There needs to be a class action lawsuit against the public school systems for defrauding American Citizens out of College.

I firmly think the Dream Act is trying to do a cover up of the mess our government is in. The government is trying to make it legal the abuse to American Students with the Dream Act.

Related Post:
    ALIPAC: Lifting ban on illegal immigrants may profit college http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-885029-.html#885029
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There are millions of American kids who'd love to attend/graduate college, but can't due to financial constraints. SHouldn't we be thinking about them instead of illegal aliens?

As far as I'm concerned, there is NO pro side in the Dream Act, it's a travesty and nightmare for LEGAL residents.
    "

If the illegals have been here since birth and they have had all of the freebies that are given them they should be able to pay for college. Just because their parents are illegal, doesn't mean they should get a free pass. What about our poor kids. Why don't they afford the same priveldges? I don't understand this mentality that because they were forced to come here and had no choice we must continue to pay. I don't care what side of the argument you are on they don't deserve instate tuition. They have had a free ride all of their life. If they want to continue on with higher education, they should have to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    If the illegals have been here since birth and they have had all of the freebies that are given them they should be able to pay for college. Just because their parents are illegal, doesn't mean they should get a free pass. What about our poor kids. Why don't they afford the same priveldges? I don't understand this mentality that because they were forced to come here and had no choice we must continue to pay. I don't care what side of the argument you are on they don't deserve instate tuition. They have had a free ride all of their life. If they want to continue on with higher education, they should have to pay for it.
    There is no PRO for anyone but the illegals and thier pathetic offspring.

Check out what "they think" on thier site. The Dream Act/Portal Forum. If that doesn't make you sick, you must have gone to the wrong site.

Illegals used to come here to do farm and labor jobs, smuggle in the youngsters and drop a few anchor babies while getting paid under the table for a lot less than anything Americans would accept. We feed and educate these kids, so does anyone in their right mind think these kids would accept a position at the same labor their parents came here for?

Pro's & Con's huh ?

There are NO Pro's and this is just one more CON on US Citizens.

We are NOT the only country who has good colleges so GO HOME ! If they truely want a higher education they can get it,in some other country just NOT here.

If you spend your youth trying to stuff the Dream Act down our throats instead of going to college in your home country or some other country then your intent is to change our laws NOT get a higher education.. Just a bunch of BS.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson