Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

DREAM Act put on indefinite hold

By Kerry Lester
    Illinois’ newest senator Saturday joined a Republican filibuster to block legislation championed by his senior Democratic colleague.

Sen. Mark Kirk was one of the 41 Senators to vote to prevent the Development, Relief and Education of Alien Minors (DREAM) Act from moving forward for a vote on the chamber floor.

Because Republicans will take control of the House, as well as pick up several Senate seats come January, political analysts predict that the legislation providing undocumented youth living in the U.S. with a path to citizenship through education or military service will likely not come forward again for two years’ time.

Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin, one of the sponsors of the bipartisan legislation, expressed disappointment, but promised to keep fighting for its passage.[u]
    “While today’s vote was a setback, it has not changed our resolve. Throughout our history, the expansion of freedom and justice has required determination and courage,â€

Banned
    I've said it before , I'll say it again

"This was a litmus vote for the Latino community.â€

As long as I am a member of Congress
    Which we all hope will be up to the next election and no longer.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They say it will likely come back in two years??????? Good god when will they ever get it????? I hope these hero senators who voted no will continue to stand up for our own people! The American college students already have a hard enough time getting employment as it is after they graduate!
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Oh yea, Durbin and Menendez were bashing Kirk on the Senate Floor last night, during their speaches supporting the Dream Act they refereed to him as the "Senator from Illinois". Durbin was mad because someone in his office pointed out the DHS waiver in the Dream Act legislation and Durbin scoffed and said prove it and that's not in this bill. Menendez was hacking on him too but spent most of his time droning on about Hispanic victimization, if the Dream Act didn't pass.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    One of the first things I think Sessions did this morning was prove Durbin was a lying POS , the waiver was in that bill and he read it on the floor