Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"I was going to support cloture this morning, and it was whisked away," Lugar said. Why? "It's beyond my pay grade. Harry gets to decide what he wants to vote on and what he doesn't."

You can interpret that how you like, but to me it signals that he will vote for DREAM even if it's brought up before taxes and the budget, which means he either lied when he signed that letter, or is breaking his promise now.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapka
    If Lugar and Bennet vote yes, then that would give them 60. The only way they wouldn't have 60 is if Ben Nelson does vote against cloture. Even then, it doesn't account for Murkowski, or Voinvich. You're assuming that a handful of Dems will vote against Reid on a procedural motion to move DREAM forward.
    There are between 7 and 9 Democrats that will vote no....

"I DON'T TRUST ANY OF THESE FLIP,FLOPPIN' UNDECIDED PIECES OF GANO, DON'T STOP CALLING!"
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-221673.html
    The only time I'm glad there's ice and snow on the roofs!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    If Lugar and Bennet vote yes, then that would give them 60. The only way they wouldn't have 60 is if Ben Nelson does vote against cloture. Even then, it doesn't account for Murkowski, or Voinvich. You're assuming that a handful of Dems will vote against Reid on a procedural motion to move DREAM forward.
    I don't buy that. Maybe Nelson and Pryor. Manchin might throw a "no" vote just to save his skin, but even that's iffy. If more than three, let alone five, intend to vote against it then Reid wouldn't even be brining this up for a vote in the first place.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    I don't buy that. Maybe Nelson and Pryor. Manchin might throw a "no" vote just to save his skin, but even that's iffy. If more than three, let alone five, intend to vote against it then Reid wouldn't even be brining this up for a vote in the first place.
    He will bring the vote anyway. Then he can tell all the "dreamers" that he tried, but the mean ol' Republicans stopped the bill. He will play to his base no matter the outcome...

Banned
    38 Democrats Vote No on DREAM This does not bode well for Ol' Harry... The House of Representatives voted to pass the DREAM Act on Wednesday night, but 38 Democrats bucked their party leadership and voted against the bill.
    The DREAM Act has been a divisive issue in Washington, pitting Obama and the Hispanic Congressional leadership, which tout the bill as an education initiative, against critics in both the Republican and Democratic parties who view the measure largely as a disguised amnesty.

While all three GOP Latino Representatives voted for the measure, 38 Democratic Legislators voted against the measure. Many of these hail from states not known to be Latino or immigrant hubs.

The DREAM Act now goes to the Senate which is expected to vote on the measure next week. Victory in the Senate is likely to be more difficult as Republican Senators have threatened a filibuster.

DREAM Act supporters, including many undocumented youth activists, are urging seven Republicans in the U.S. Senate who in the past have supported the measure to do so again now, during the lame-duck session.

If passed in the Senate, the DREAM Act will give hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants brought to the U.S. before the age of 16, who have been in the country for five years and graduated from high school or gained a GED. They would have a chance to gain legal status if they joined the military or attended college.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politi ... ote-dream/

The next 36hrs are going to seem like a lifetime.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know what you mean.

Wow...all of this is just insane. ---> Isaiah 5:20

From what I've read, the Dems who are likely to vote no are Ben Nelson, Tester, Baucus, Pryor, McCaskill, & probably Hagan.

The Repubs who'll vote yes are Bennett & Lugar and maybe Murkowski.

The undecided Dems who could vote no include Conrad, Manchin, and Dorgan.

I think Snowe will oppose it and maybe Collins & Voinovich will too.

I think we really NEED to focus on Ben Nelson, Hagan, Manchin, Conrad, Dorgan, Snowe, Collins, Voinovich, & Murkowski!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast