Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Drug Dealer "Catch and Release Program"

It sounds like trout fishing in my home state of Oregon.

I saw a news blurb the other day but missed the story. It was saying that Border Agents were ordered to release and not charge captured drug dealers coming from Mexico. Is Gonzales implicated in this? It looked like there were large amounts of drugs. Can someone fill me in on this? I think it was on Lou Dobbs.

Thanks.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Something is very rotten here. Is Gonzales reaping a share of the profit from these absurdities? Seriously, as a kid growing up in Detroit, the corrupt public servants that were on the take would make silly a@@ed rules like these, for the police officers to follow.

I missed that one too. Maybe it had to do with the quantity of drugs being brought in. I read something about that recently.

http://jillosophy.blogspot.com/2007/03/ ... rican.html

CNN Lou Dobbs
    video: Federal Officials Fail to Prosecute Many Drug Smugglers, Forcing Locals to Deal with the Problem
    Federal prosecutors are allowing drug smugglers to walk free, after bringing hundreds of pounds of marijuana into this country. Now local authorities are being forced to deal with an emerging crisis that federal prosecutors are refusing to address and in fact are creating. Two local prosecutors in Arizona say federal attorneys refused to prosecute smugglers moving less than 500 pounds of marijuana. They say it's an unwritten rule. George Silva is the prosecutor in Nogales, Arizona. He says he doesn't have the money to prosecute the criminals ignored by the federal government. "It's disgraceful that that happens in this day and age. We have a war on drugs, and we're not really serious about the war on drugs."

posted by jillosophy at 3/15/2007 02:34:00 PM