Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Duck Dynasty's multi-million payday: Walmart SELLS OUT of merchandise...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Some people are saying what I'm feeling...we live in a BIZARRO world...everything is backwards and unless we fight, it will stay that way. Speak up and contact A&E...there is a battle to be won here. [see my post from yesterday for contact #'s and email addresses]

“Phil Robertson and his family are great citizens of the state of Louisiana... The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpo...ints, except those they disagree with... I don’t agree with quite a bit of stuff I read in magazine interviews or see on TV -- in fact, come to think of it, I find a good bit of it offensive.... But I also acknowledge that this is a FREE COUNTRY and everyone is entitled to express their views... In fact, I remember when TV networks believed in the First Amendment -- It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets support and laughs, and Phil Robertson gets suspended.” - Gov. Bobby Jindal, Louisiana
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Breaking News – The Christian Post Announces Stand with Phil Page is the Largest Pro-Phil Movement on Facebook & Has Double the Online Support of A&E

December 20, 2013 // By: Joe Calandra Jr. // Today's News // No Comment

Today, The Christian Post (CP) acknowledged the huge groundswell of support Phil Robertson’s right to free speech is getting on Facebook, particularly from the Stand with Phil page!The article, which appeared in CP’s entertainment section today, ran with the headline:
    “1.3M Like ‘Stand With Phil Robertson’ Facebook Page; Twice as Popular as A&E Page”
    As of today, Stand with Phil has 1.3 Million supporters; but, A&E only has 588,000 fans.
    According to CP, A&E has yet to upload any commentary on their Facebook page concerning the network executives’ decision to suspend Phil Robertson from all future Duck Dynasty episodes because he told GQ that the Bible says homosexuality is unnatural, illogical, and sinful.
    However, here are two Pro-Phil comments left on A&E’s page that are examples of the general Pro-Liberty sentiments being expressed to the network, according to CP:
    “Phil Robertson is entitled to his beliefs! This is the United States of America! If you don’t like his views don’t watch.” ~Lori Anne.
    “Kick off ‘Duck Dynasty’ and you become another non-watched network on our television. He has every right to his opinion as much as the people that demand that everyone holds their opinion.” ~Thom Harris.
    Your efforts in support of Phil Robertson are being noticed on a national level and garnering massive support from fellow patriots!
    Please continue to tell your friends about the Stand with Phil page and ask them to add their signature to yours on the petition to tell A&E you back Phil.

http://www.libertynews.com/2013/12/b...support-of-ae/

Duck Dynasty Threatens To Boycott Their A&E Show

0 Comment
    20 Dec 2013
    Posted by Political Thrill

By Kristin Tate

Unless you’ve been living under a rock this week, you’re aware that Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson was “indefinitely suspended” from A&E due to “anti-gay” comments he made during an interview with GQ magazine.
    Now, the Duck Dynasty clan is threatening to boycott their own show.
    In an official statement on their website, the Duck Dynasty crew said, “We cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm… We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty.”
    Here is the full controversial statement that Robertson made during the GQ interview:
    Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong… Sin becomes fine. Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men. Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.
    It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.
    Since Robertson was suspended, Duck Dynasty fans and Christians around the country have come out in support of him.
    Public figures are also coming to Robertson’s defense. Texas Senator Ted Cruz publicly voiced support for the television star. On his Facebook, the Senator wrote, “If you believe in free speech or religious liberty, you should be deeply dismayed over the treatment of Phil Robertson.”

Sarah Palin is also standing with Robertson. She Tweeted, “Free speech is endangered species; those “intolerants” hatin’ & taking on

…read more
    Read more here: Shark Tank

http://politicalthrill.com/2013/12/2...their-ae-show/

Move Duck Dynasty To CMT Or The Blaze TV

https://www.facebook.com/events/483596605086741/

A&E so offended by Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson that they’re continuing marathon airings

Posted on 21 December, 2013 by clyde

via Michelle Malkin
    by Doug Powers

As you know, A&E has suspended Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson for the sin of not conforming to the worldview of people who probably don’t watch Duck Dynasty.
    A&E was obviously so offended that there are actually a couple of times in their lineup where the lucrative franchise isn’t airing:

And that’s not the entire picture. As Christmas approaches, the number of airings ramp up around the clock:

Despite the suspension, A&E still has several hours of “Duck Dynasty” programming over the next week. For Thursday night, there is three hours of shows the network is airing. On Sunday Dec. 22, A&E will be airing the popular show from 5 p.m. until 4 a.m. the next morning. On Monday Dec. 23, episodes will air from 7 p.m. until 4 a.m. the next morning. On Christmas Eve, “Duck Dynasty” will be aired from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. And on Christmas Day, A&E will air “Duck Dynasty” episodes from 3:30 p.m. until 4 a.m. the next morning. All times are Eastern.

If Robertson further angers A&E, the programming execs will have to convince Disney to create a 25th hour in the day so they can squeeze in even more airings.

In closing, file this under “when hell freezes over”.

http://gopthedailydose.com/2013/12/2...athon-airings/

A&E Death Threats – Wal-Mart Sells Out of Duck Dynasty Gear – GLAAD Experiences Record Backlash

Posted By Dean Garrison on Dec 21, 2013 in Articles, Christianity, Free Speech, Media | 1 Comment

The Phil Robertson suspension continues to inspire justified reactions from the conservative community. On Friday, there were reports of beefed security, death threats, suspicious packages, merchandise sell outs and a lot of backlash toward the homosexual community.
    A&E received death threats, suspicious packages and decided to beef up security as reported by Deadline.com:
    A&E Network has had to beef up security at its New York headquarters after receiving death threats and suspicious packages from people enraged about the network’s decision to suspend Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson. No formal meetings are schedule today between A&E and the Robertson clan, who yesterday issued a statement saying they “cannot imagine” doing the show without Phil — which, loosely translated, means “No Phil – no show.” That said, the network, which has had a good working relationship with the family (as the clan noted in its statement), is “always talking to them,” as one source with knowledge of the family said. The decision to suspend Phil Robertson triggered a firestorm and has created some strange bedfellows; last night Jon Stewart defended Phil’s “right to say ignorant shit” — joining Phil defenders Sarah Palin, who’d tweeted “Those ‘intolerants’ hatin’ and taking on the Duck Dynasty patriarch for voicing his personal opinion are taking on all of us,” and Republican Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, who’d pronounced it “It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets a laugh, and Phil Robertson gets suspended.”

No one should condone any death threats. This is an unpopular decision but there are ways to make a point without calling for violence.
    Jon Stewart took Phil Robertson’s side? Very interesting indeed, but he is right. Whether you consider his remarks to be “ignorant shit,” as Stewart opines, or consider his comments to be truth, does not matter. Phil Robertson has the right to speak his mind. A&E also has the right to fire or suspend him, but they must realize that their actions will create reactions.
    In another predictable development, shoppers around the country started buying up all of the Duck Dynasty merchandise they could find. In an article by U.K.’s Daily Mail, some interesting screen shots were provided as proof of the buying frenzy.

The article included various opinions and jabs about Duck Dynasty fans continuing to put money into the pockets of A&E, but I don’t think that is the point. There were likely three types of people buying this merchandise.

1. The first group would be devoted fans who may be panicked about the future availability of merchandise. They aren’t thinking about politics. They just want to get some merchandise before it’s gone. They may be afraid that Wal-Mart will follow A&E’s lead.
    2. The second group is probably a lot of profit seekers who may have the same idea about future availability, but they don’t necessarily care about Phil Robertson or the show. They just want to make a buck if they can.
    3. The third group is likely a large segment of Duck Dynasty supporters who choose to support the cause with their hard-earned dollars. They may or may not realize that they put a substantial amount of money into A&E’s accounts. Then again, they may not care. Either way, they are supporting the Robertson family as well.

Consequently I don’t think that tweets like this one completely grasp the whole of the situation:

I am not saying that “JoeMyGod” does not have a point, but it is much more complex than something that can be stated in “140 characters or less.” Every product we buy likely supports someone who we would rather not make wealthier. However, people are rallying around the Robertson Family more than they are protesting A&E with these purchases. That is my opinion.
    In another development on Friday, GLAAD reported record backlash from its Phil Robertson comments. Yahoo News reports:
    In the fallout over Wednesday’s suspension of “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson by A&E for anti-gay and racist remarks, GLAAD is experiencing record levels of backlash.

“In the five-and-a-half years I’ve worked at GLAAD, I’ve never received so many violently angry phone calls and social media posts attacking GLAAD for us speaking out against these comments,” the media watchdog organization’s vice president of communications Rich Ferraro told The Wrap.

He said those reactions range from those who simply believe as Robertson believes to those who feel that GLAAD and A&E’s actions limit the reality star’s free speech.

“I don’t think this is about the first amendment,” Ferraro said. “I feel it’s more about the America we live in today. That is one where Americans, gay and straight, are able to speak out when people in the public eye make anti-gay and racist remarks.”

Who would have thought that a simple Louisiana country boy would cause such a stir?
    People are coming out in droves to support Phil Robertson.
    Why?
    Because they see Phil Robertson as a real human being and not some fake D.C. Poli-wood Actor who poses as a representative of the people. Phil Robertson is like our neighbor down the street. He comes off as a real human being and it just so happens that he made it big with some duck calls.
    People would rather pump more money into A&E, knowing that the Robertson Family will get a cut of it, than to keep throwing money at lying, murdering, backstabbing, treasonous thieves who do nothing but tell us what we want to hear to get elected.
    Phil Robertson didn’t say what all of us wanted to hear, but rather said what all of us needed to hear. The Bible is still the authority in this country and do not let anyone tell you it is not. It is the book we still swear upon when we take oaths (unless you are John Brennan). The principles of this book formed our constitution. Our laws were written in accordance with this book. How can people not see that?
    And for anyone who says that “we are no longer a Christian nation” you might check your calendar. Christmas is still the only federal holiday that falls on any religious holy day.
    We can deny that all we want but it is the truth. And by the way, today is December 21st, 2013 A.D.
    Do you know what A.D. means?
    It doesn’t mean “after death,” as I used to think. It is a simple abbreviation for anno domini, a Latin phrase that means “in the year of our Lord.”
    Yes America, we are a Christian nation, and much like Peter we have denied Christ far too many times. Phil Robertson simply chose not to do that on this occasion and now he is paying for it.
    But make no mistake… people are waking up.
    And by the way… for those of you looking for leadership I think Brother Phil could teach you a thing or two. Stop putting men and women of politics on pedestals and look to the only One who can truly lead this country back to greatness.
    For those of you who are looking for a leader for the revolution that is to come, you have been overlooking the obvious for far too long. The leader has always been there.

Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook and Google Plus.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/12/ae...cord-backlash/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast