Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean

I AGREE. SO HOW COME WE CAN'T LIFT DUNCAN HUNTER UP AND GET HIM THE RECOGNITION HE DESERVES? I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW ANYONE THAT IS SERIOUS ABOUT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION NOT TRY THEIR DAMN HARDEST NOT TO SUPPORT THIS MAN AS OUR NEXT PRESIDENT! IT REALLY STIFFLES ME!
    BECAUSE HE IS FOR THE WAR AND FOR TORTURE

MW
    DUNCAN HUNTER EARNS ENDORSEMENT FROM NEVADA REPUBLICAN ASSEMBLY

Posted by sierrascrapper on January 7, 2008

On January 4, 5 and 6, 2008 the Nevada Republican Assembly held a Presidential Endorsing Convention in Reno, Nevada. On Saturday they held a Presidential rally where each of the campaigns presented their candidate and the issues they stand for. The organization also held a Straw Poll for those who attended the rally. Congressman Hunter came in 3rd place in the straw poll behind Ron Paul and John McCain.

On Sunday, the NVRA met to vote on the candidate that their organization would endorse for President in 2008. This organization has one of the largest concentrations of conservative Republicans in it’s membership. They uphold the principles of supporting our constitution, limited government, love of God, state sovereignty, controlled spending, sanctity of life, parental rights, protection of private property, 2nd amendment rights, security of our borders, fair trade, educational excellence, and fair and equal taxation rights.

The NVRA held a series of votes to reach their choice for endorsement of Congressman Duncan Hunter for President in 2008. Duncan Hunter had a clear lead throughout all 5 rounds of voting. In order for the assembly to reach a final decision for the endorsement, the candidate had to have a 2/3 majority vote. Duncan Hunter won that endorsement over Fred Thompson with more than the 2/3 required. Hunter’s clear, consistent conservative message has resonated with residents in Nevada.

Michael Kressler, President of the NVRA along with members of the organization are proud to endorse Duncan Hunter for President in 2008. Duncan Hunter has proven that he is a viable candidate and will represent the people who need a President that is honest and true and will facilitate change in the right direction for our nation.

http://issuesthatmatter.wordpress.com/2 ... -assembly/

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks for posting this MW... Lets get the word out!
    Bring back the Rotary Phone so we dont have to pressÂ*1 forÂ*English...Â*

MW
    CaliNative wrote:

Thanks for posting this MW... Lets get the word out!
    You're welcome.

I see you're living in California or originally from there. Do you live in Hunter's district? Is he known and respected in California?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hey MW..

I still live in California. I live in Riverside Co, which is not in his district. I have heard alot of good things about him. We have a few Congressman that are trying hard to get this state back on track. Duncan and Calvert are both well known and respected .... I hope he can pick up some coverage and get his name out there! I feel he is the best Candidate right now, especially since he has been trying to fix the problems in
    Ca for a very long time...
    Bring back the Rotary Phone so we dont have to pressÂ*1 forÂ*English...Â*

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Question for one of the moderators: What caused the width of this forum to expand?

I hate it when that happens.
    It's due to long URL's that were posted.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    CaliNative wrote:

I feel he is the best Candidate right now, especially since he has been trying to fix the problems in Ca for a very long time...
    Honestly, I feel Duncan Hunter is the only candidate that could bring the conservative base together. Furthermore, his position on trade should resonate extremely well with many Democrats and Independents. IMHO, Duncan Hunter would have the best chance of defeating the DNC nominee in the presidential election. Of course that may be the very reason the media is doing all it can to shut him down. That would certainly explain their obvious favoritism toward candidates like Huckabee and McCain.

MW
    MD wrote:

It's due to long URL's that were posted.
    At the risk of sounding like a complete computer iilliterate, I didn't know that. Thank for the information.

MW
    December 29, 2007 - Duncan Hunter Accepts GodVoter.org Endorsement

Electing the most qualified candidate as leader is the aspiration of all democratic societies and political systems. Trusting that America will not prove to be an exception, GodVoter.org is pleased to endorse Duncan Hunter for President, for five compelling reasons.

Firstly, a nation at war needs a war-time President. To protect our national interest, America must win in Iraq, Afghanistan and against the rise of Islamic terrorism and Iran. While John McCain's 5½ years as a POW in Hanoi proves his valor, Duncan Hunter's 26 years on the House Armed Services Committee, which he chaired, is more directly applicable to leading a nation engaged in a complex, multi-front war.

Secondly, the Hunter candidacy isn't a creation of political strategists. Most of the candidates leading in the polls have discrepancies between their present claims and past record. Some say they changed their minds recently. Others claim lapses in memory. All are stretching their persona and platforms to broaden their appeal, as advised. Duncan Hunter has neither political handlers nor such discrepancies, and is a refreshingly genuine exception to the norm.

Thirdly, Duncan Hunter is a man of action. He wanted secure borders, so he built a double fence along the Mexican border. He wanted to protect life and marriage, so he authored multiple bills to protect them. He wanted to protect the country, so he fought in Vietnam, returned with a Bronze Star, and sent his son to fight in Iraq and Afghanistan. Actions speak louder than words, and Duncan Hunter's actions speak the loudest.

Fourthly, Duncan Hunter is the most dependable person to protect the Judeo-Christian foundation of America. While the other conservative candidates' Supreme Court Justice nominations may be open to speculation and doubts, Duncan Hunter's uncompromised conservative social values record precludes the need for such speculation.

Fifthly, Congressman Hunter's low poll ratings can be reversed fairly quickly. Little can be done about low poll numbers caused by a weak candidacy, which isn't the case with Hunter. Most conservative political commentators rave about Hunter's presidential qualifications yet remain reluctant to support his candidacy, citing the lack of momentum behind it. A stampeding herd can be redirected by a few at the front stepping out with conviction, and the sudden rise of the Huckabee candidacy has shown how quickly the conservative vote can be redirected. That vote is still largely uncommitted.

Duncan Hunter isn't as suave, funny, telegenic or rich as some of the other candidates. But based on the qualities becoming a President, Duncan Hunter is the most qualified person to lead America for at least the next four years.

In accepting our endorsement, Congressman Hunter highlighted, "Thank you for your endorsement of my campaign based on my qualifications and conservative positions of providing a strong national defense and secure borders. As president I will work to restore opportunity for the American worker. I will bring high paying jobs back to this country by stopping China from cheating on trade. By restoring economic opportunity for the next generation we re-gain the majority position in U.S. politics. Recent world events point to the need for conservatives to choose a nominee who is ready on day one to lead. I am grateful that you have chosen me as that candidate."

http://www.godvoter.org/news-hunter-endorsement.html

MW

Joseph Fahra
    Between the lines

WORLDNETDAILY EXCLUSIVE COMMENTARY

Duncan Hunter for president!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: December 28, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

DUNCAN HUNTER

Regular readers of my column know that I have enthusiastically supported Tom Tancredo for president.

In fact, two years ago, I personally asked Tancredo to run for president because I feared there would be no Republican candidate offering real solutions to America's crisis with illegal immigration and border security.

Tancredo answered the call. I always knew he was, at best, a reluctant and long-shot candidate. But he answered the bell.

Last week, Tancredo withdrew from the race and endorsed Mitt Romney for the presidency.

This was a huge mistake by Tancredo. I'm sure he had his reasons. He said he wanted to find a top-tier candidate who was strongest on his pet issue. But, this is the primary season. In the primary season, Americans should pay little attention to the polls and select the very best candidate possible. Actual votes decide who is selected as the party nominees – not polls.

That's why I supported Tancredo in the first place. I didn't pay attention to the polls. I selected the man I thought would be the best candidate. I liked Tancredo so much, I published his terrific book, "In Mortal Danger," still one of the very best indictments of America's disastrous border and immigration policies.

I will certainly not follow Tancredo's lead in supporting Romney. Romney is a pretender to the throne. He launched his campaign for the Republican nomination by running contrary to virtually every major position and action he has previously taken in public life.

In other words, nothing he says today has any credibility. He cannot be believed.

Furthermore, Romney's stated position today on illegal aliens is essentially a pro-amnesty stance.

He says, for instance, he would allow illegal aliens to apply for permanent residency in the U.S. after they go home for an undisclosed period of time. This sounds remarkably like the amnesty positions offered up in the debates earlier this year.

It's unacceptable – and Tom Tancredo, of all people, should recognize that.

Therefore, today I make a new, personal endorsement for the Republican nomination – Duncan Hunter.

I do so with no hesitancy. I do so with great enthusiasm.

In fact, I have previously made it clear just how much admiration and respect I have for Hunter.

He's my guy because on all the major issues facing this country, Hunter is right. And he is a proven leader who gets the job done.

Illegal immigration and border security: Duncan Hunter takes a backseat to no one on this issue – not even Tom Tancredo. He took the initiative long ago to protect the citizens of his own San Diego area by building a virtually impenetrable fence that has cut down human trafficking in the area by nearly 100 percent.

Threat of Islamo-fascism: Hunter recognizes the gravity of the war in which America finds itself, whether we like it or not. Hunter has a strong military background and would make an effective leader in a conflict that will not go away unless we destroy the enemy.

Our cultural meltdown: Hunter rejects the madness of political correctness and multiculturalism that is ripping America apart at the seams. He is a man of God who will stand for what is morally right no matter the consequences.

The economy: Duncan Hunter will fight the mindless globalization that is destroying jobs in America and transferring them abroad – bringing in return cheap goods that are often unsafe and little more than junk. He will also cut taxes and revamp the unfair and highly intrusive tax system – both of which will stimulate the American economy.

Matters of life and death: Hunter is steadfastly and consistently pro-life – at both ends of the life spectrum.
    There is much more to say about his excellent record and his fearless championing of all that is good and decent about America.

The point is this: We don't have to settle for less. We don't have to settle for an imitation of the real thing. We don't have to settle for someone who is right most of the time.

Duncan Hunter is the real deal.

Support him now – so we don't have to compromise later

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joseph Farah is founder, editor and CEO of WND and a nationally syndicated columnist with Creators Syndicate. His latest book is "Stop The Presses: The Inside Story of the New Media Revolution." He also edits the online intelligence newsletter Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin, in which he utilizes his sources developed over 30 years in the news business.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=59399

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast