Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

E-mail response from Senator Boxer

Look at this:

Thank you for contacting me to express your views on immigration reform. I appreciate hearing from you.

President Bush and a bipartisan group of Senators recently reached agreement on a proposal to reform our immigration system. The Senate is currently considering this proposal as S.1348, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007.

In its present form, this bill contains features that cause me great concern. I am particularly troubled by the bill's proposal to create a new guest worker program. I have always had problems with guestworker programs because I believe they will lead to increased illegal immigration, a downward pressure on American wages and a loss of workplace protections.

On May 22, 2007, I was an original co-sponsor of an amendment to strike the guest worker program from the larger bill. Although this measure failed, I subsequently supported a successful amendment to cut the guestworker program in half. Be assured that I will keep working to improve the immigration bill and reduce illegal immigration.

Again, thank you for writing to me. Please feel free to contact me in the future about any matter of importance to you.
    They do anything they can to make themselves sound good.
    Senator Boxer, you are fooling nobody! Your continued support for this bill shows your true character: a traitor!

My, she sure ignored amnesty!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boxer's e-mail reply

I got the same one. She is just another liar. I saw her on c-span say she was for the "legalization" process. The 2 Calif Senators should be ashamed for allowing this State turn into a third world. Each and every city is impacted. They are just clueless and could care less. Lets start the recall immediately!

Maybe Babs should have talked to her fellow Senator, DiFi, about her concerns. Since DiFi was one of the hand-picked twelve who created this abomination, she'd be the one to go to.

Of course, in reality the only concern Babs has is that the bill doesn't legalize them fast enough, nor let in enough of their extended families.

I imagine those problems will be solved when the 95 year old Senator Kennedy introduces the next version of his bill to fix immigration "once and for all" around 2027.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

This is the "form letter" response I received from Sen. Boxer after I sent an email blasting the Senate amnesty bill. Needless to say, the spinning is easy to spot (PLEASE BARBARA, JUST BUILD ALL OF THE FENCE NOW!!):

-------------------------------

Dear Friend:

Thank you for writing to me about illegal immigration. I appreciate hearing your views on this important matter.

Like you, I am concerned about the number of immigrants who enter our country illegally each year. I understand the impact that illegal immigration has on our nation and our state, and I am committed to strengthening our government's efforts to secure our borders.

During the last Congress, I voted for the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which authorized the construction of 700 miles of additional fencing along the country's southwestern border and provided for 1,500 additional Border Patrol agents. I also co-sponsored a bill that created stricter penalties for the illegal construction of tunnels under the border and fought vigorously for the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program, which reimburses states for the costs of incarcerating illegal immigrants.

Congress is currently considering a proposal that would, among other things, provide for increased security along our border and stricter enforcement of employment eligibility laws. Rest assured that I will keep your views in mind should this proposal come before the full Senate for a vote.

Once again, thank you for writing to me. Please feel free to contact me in the future about any matter of importance to you.

Barbara Boxer
    United States Senator
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Diane, Diane, Diane. Honey, we don't want the guest worker program cut in half. We want the entire bill to be cut up in 12 million pieces!
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sorry I got my Boxers mixed up. Barbarba, Barbara.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.