Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Does anyone remember back to probably Carter, Regan time? Didn't they "dip" into social security for something then? I know that's when my dad got involved in AARP coz he said once the government got their slimy hands on it we'd never see another dime. I didn't follow up on any of it at the time and don't know what happened.

I have had enough from a government that just spends, spends, spends. I owe nothing as well. They need their salarys and perks cut big time. Seems there needs to be an independant committee there to screen some of this nonsence. Millions are spent on pork projects and there will be a bunch of angry old crones if they take what little is left and cut it from the elderly. Unfortunatly I think they have a plan to make sure we aren't the majority when S hits the fan. Plus what little they would have as someone said earlier would be AGAIN for taxes. I just have a feeling they're going to do whatever they can to get these properties back into the gov. hands. And they can for not paying taxes alone. I know you can't take anything with you when it's your time.......but you'd like to just be able to live and not have to worry about loosing a home you already paid for just because the gov. can't control their spending. Get a few savy housewives up there and I bet there'd be a balanced budget in no time. They might be brown bagging it with PBJ's but so do we.
    There's no dipping necessary because the Social Security taxes go right into the general fund. It's right there in black and white in the Social Security Act, which authorizes use of those taxes for administration of the benefits or for "any other purpose."

Nice........too bad we can run our finances so irresponsibility and still end up on top.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12