Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Doesn't Obama realize that "diversity" must include whites in order to be truly diverse???? Unreal!

Just like old entrenched whites who all seem to have a stick up they're butt, there is as many old entrenched blacks with the same problem!

I don't know how many people here "Hang with the Homies" but I myself work side by side with a black man nearly everyday and have for 13yrs. now, and all that Bullshirt is so "Played Out" and as for dividing whites and blacks, "The Obama's" don't have that kind of power, they need to visit "the people" once in awhile, then they'd know "Blacks and Whites" are clinging to each other saying "Damn! where the hell did all the Migo's come from?" and the funny part is American Amigo's are looking at the "Blacks and Whites" going "What the hell are you doing? Get all these illegals up outta here!"

I guess what I'm trying to say is "Stupid People Come In All Flavors!"

Shoot me and "Homie' Jones" just fixed a leak that 6 roofers have tried and failed to fix, the receptionist at the company we work for, started clapping when we came in to get paid! It's leaked for 3yrs.

The men I've taught to roof are the absolute best money can buy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH8_FWPUA_I
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That is something else. I looked on wikipedia, and blacks make up 12 % of the U.S population, but Dictator Obama (B.O.) wants more than 17% to make up the Federal workforce. In oder to be fair, he would ask for 12%.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

Well I'm a five foot six American of Polish/German descent and DEMAND better representation in the NBA!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Blacks are not overly represented in the Federal Government when you remember that the District of Columbia--where many agencies are primarily located--has a high percentage of blacks, as do the surrounding states. Much depends on your location and the applicant field. Many blacks, however, are not working in the higher paid Federal or jobs. IMO, Obama is looking to bring in more latinos, not get rid of white males, as he desperately courts the latino vote for himself and his party. The latino percentage of the population in this area has grown significantly, as across the country.

Federal employees in the higher paid jobs typically have Bachelor degress, as well as Masters and PHDs. Most latinos who have moved in the area, it is my impression, are not well educated, so representation by population percentage doesn't make sense. Assuming their legality, they could actually displace many blacks. And many blacks are keenly aware of this and are not too happy with Obama's policies in this area.

Actually, there has been a push on for more latino hiring since at least the 1980's as well as other groups. Law requires vets get preference, and the preference points are hefty. I have seen jobs closed and not filled because the vet applicant couldn't really do the work and the points killed off other applicants. The job was too important to allow an incompetent in--it's not that Feds are against vets, and it would be a serious mistake to conclude that. In fact, a person set up to fail is a bad thing for all sides.

I have worked in government as a manager and as a contractor. The other managers I've known, like me, just wanted someone who will do good work. They are happy if a good applicant is a vet or whatever because they are typically in need of more, not less, workers. And despite what people think, bad Fed workers do get fired--been there, done that.

Federal workers resent when someone isn't pulling their weight because they have to take up the slack, and you can believe managers get a earful, as well as lose good workers who look for transfers or other jobs. I'm not saying all Federal workers or managers are wonderful, but neither is private industry.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Watson
    Blacks are not overly represented in the Federal Government when you remember that the District of Columbia--where many agencies are primarily located--has a high percentage of blacks, as do the surrounding states. Much depends on your location and the applicant field. Many blacks, however, are not working in the higher paid Federal or jobs. IMO, Obama is looking to bring in more latinos, not get rid of white males, as he desperately courts the latino vote for himself and his party. The latino percentage of the population in this area has grown significantly, as across the country.

Federal employees in the higher paid jobs typically have Bachelor degress, as well as Masters and PHDs. Most latinos who have moved in the area, it is my impression, are not well educated, so representation by population percentage doesn't make sense. Assuming their legality, they could actually displace many blacks. And many blacks are keenly aware of this and are not too happy with Obama's policies in this area.

Actually, there has been a push on for more latino hiring since at least the 1980's as well as other groups. Law requires vets get preference, and the preference points are hefty. I have seen jobs closed and not filled because the vet applicant couldn't really do the work and the points killed off other applicants. The job was too important to allow an incompetent in--it's not that Feds are against vets, and it would be a serious mistake to conclude that. In fact, a person set up to fail is a bad thing for all sides.

I have worked in government as a manager and as a contractor. The other managers I've known, like me, just wanted someone who will do good work. They are happy if a good applicant is a vet or whatever because they are typically in need of more, not less, workers. And despite what people think, bad Fed workers do get fired--been there, done that.

Federal workers resent when someone isn't pulling their weight because they have to take up the slack, and you can believe managers get a earful, as well as lose good workers who look for transfers or other jobs. I'm not saying all Federal workers or managers are wonderful, but neither is private industry.

Unlike the private sector, tax payers are still forced to pay the salaries of those who do not "pull their weight", often under the guise of "diversity" and other government sponsored social justice mandates. It's also reassuring to know that managers get an "earful" when someone isn't pulling their "weight." At least our tax dollars aren’t totally being wasted I suppose. Everyone still gets paid though...right?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Everyone still gets paid though...right?
    Until they are fired or forced out just like private industry. There are "ways" in both private and government to avoid legal challenges. I know of one Fed who is "voluntarily" getting out right now. Manager worked it well, but the guy will never be included as a firing in the government stats.

The legal presumption is that if a person has received good ratings for several years, then when performance issues on a job come up it may not be the person, but some other thing--like a new, bad manager or transfer to a job outside the skill set. The employee is given a chance/change to improve depending on the situation. If no improvement, good bye.

I believe the rules haven't changed since I left--it takes 3 years to gain status, and new employees who were bad hires can be cut loose very easily the first three months, somewhat easily up to three years, then less easily after three. But long-term employees do get fired or leave "voluntarily."

The most eggregious situation of paying an incompetent I ever saw was actually in private industry. This guy had been a political appointee and came to our company talking big. He didn't do a lick of work, kept lying to management and client that he was nearly done with his work (he hadn't even started), sucked down about $30 grand sitting on his patoot. I and another person had to work nights and weekends in addition to our regular work to get the work out on time. It took much too long to fire him because of his connections.

If you deal with an incompetent or nasty Fed, just send a letter of complaint to the head of the agency and OMG! And if they are doing good work, let someone know, too.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123