Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Edwards response/ SCHIP

You're not going to believe this—President Bush just vetoed health care for millions of low-income children!

I know that's hard to believe, and I wish I were making it up. But I'm not. Earlier today, President Bush vetoed a bipartisan expansion of the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP)—a successful program that provides health care to millions of low-income children.All I can say is, compassionate conservatism indeed.

I can't believe Bush's nerve, and I bet you can't either. But wait, it gets worse—two days before vetoing health care for millions of low-income children, George Bush had the nerve to issue a presidential proclamation commemorating—you guessed it—"Child Health Day."

Who needs health care when you've got Bush's empty rhetoric? Unfortunately, presidential proclamations don't pay the bills when a child needs care.

We're sick of Bush's rank hypocrisy. We're sick of Republicans ignoring the needs of hard-working Americans and catering to special interests instead.

It's time for a change—the kind of big, bold change that John Edwards is calling for. That change starts with universal health care. So join our campaign, and support John's call for change by contributing whatever you can afford today.

Other campaigns may talk a good game about change, but John is the one leading the way.

John is leading the way with bold action, not just words. Last week, he announced that he would seek public financing instead of relying on special interests and big corporations to bankroll his campaign. That decision has set a standard that our opponents have yet to live up to.

John's decision also means that your donations up to $250 are eligible to be matched—so donate today, and your contribution could count double!

www.johnedwards.com/contribute

On Monday, the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) organized a group of parents and children that marched to the White House to protest Bush's upcoming veto. What happened when they got there? They were asked to go away.

Bush's heartless actions could not demonstrate more clearly to voters the choices we're facing in this election. We can choose to stay with the same old system—a system that ignores the needs of regular people and caters to big business and special interests instead. Or we can choose to go in a new direction—and support John's call for the big, bold change we need in America today.

The choice is up to you.

www.johnedwards.com/contribute

Thank you for all that you do.

Sincerely,

--Joe Trippi
    Senior Advisor, John Edwards for President
    October 3, 2007

please dump this spam.

Maybe good old John will just contribute some of the cash he's extorted from the insurance companies, as a slimy weasel of a trial lawyer.

I like everything about Edwards, except that he is not strong against illegal immigration. He wants to be the candidate for the "Working Class" [anyone making less than $200K], which is marvelous; most other candidates are for "Big Business". However, I just don't understand how he can be for the "working class" without addressing how illegal immigrants undermine our (working class) rights, wages, job opportunities, health care, educational opportunities, etc. Is h just not informed about this?

I can't find a candidate in either party who is for the "working class" and admits that the illegal alien presence IS the root of the problem

There are NO Democratic presidential candidates who will do anything regarding illegals-----except give them amnesty and all rights/benefits that should belong to US citizens!!

Guliani, McCain, Brownback, Hucklebee are also TRAITORS to US citizens/workers.

Thompson has not said/done enough yet to be judged.

Romney might end up being our best chance of ending the illegal invasion------if we are not able to get Ron Paul or Tom Tancredo.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

I am DEFINITELY not a fan of Bush-----I am a former Democrat, now an Independent.

Bush said that he was going to veto this, long before it came up for a vote. However, the Dems just wanted to make sure that "Bush is Denying children healthcare" was able to hit the papers and news stations.

Bush had told the Dems, I will easily pass the current program----with an increase of $5 billion----but this was not good enough for the Dems.

I am also glad that Bush vetoed this.

First, it was going to give counties/states the "option" of whether or not they wanted proof of citizenship status of the applicants. I DO NOT want one dime of my tax dollars (which is what is going to end up paying for the program, no matter what the Dems say) going toward the children of illegals----who should NOT be in this country in the first place. They need to go back to their own countries/government to get their healthcare.

Second, people making as much as $83,000 could apply for this healthcare for their children. Again, I DO NOT want my tax dollars being spent to provide healthcare to children whose parents should EASILY be able to afford paying for their own children. Perhaps, it may require them to give up their new cars-----as I definitely wonder how many are choosing their new cars instead of paying for their children's healthcare.

Third, they considered up to the age of 25 to be "children". Again, I DO NOT want my tax dollars going to pay for the healthcare costs of "children" who can be 25 years old.

Therefore, I would easily support the bill IF:

----It was reserved strictly for those people who are definitely at poverty level----or those people who cannot get private insurance due to a pre-existing condition of their child.

----Proof of citizenship was DEFINITELY a requirement-----so that none of this money is going toward the children of illegals.

----The cut off date for the "children" is 18 years old.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

It wasn't low income children that it was going to help. It was upper middle class and illegal aliens kids that it was going to help. Another reason to come to the US.
    Some people are alive only because there are laws against killing them.

I don’t think those who concocted SCHIP ever intended for it to pass in the senate or approved by Bush. They wanted Bush to veto it and they will bring it back to be vetoed again. Just so they could blame one more think on Bush. Bush do not want to give health care to poor children. I hear it already.
    They have no idea how it ‘s going to be paid for and in denial of the cost.They knew Bush would veto it before it was concocted. They also didn’t expect as many republicans to approve it.
    There are many low imcome children that qualify for Medicaid or Medical and do not apply for it. Bush want those children covered before middle income children who already have coverage and drop it so they can get SCHIP. I am with him on this one.

MW
    Bren4824 wrote:

Romney might end up being our best chance of ending the illegal invasion------if we are not able to get Ron Paul or Tom Tancredo.
    Or Duncan Hunter!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn