Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Elementary Mock Presidential Vote

I have two kids in the same classes and grade at school (elementary level - 5th grade). In one class, the kids had a mock vote for president, either McCain or Obama.

In another class, they are writing a letter to either Obama or McCain (the students' choice).

So my beef with this is that the school hasn't bothered to mention that there are more than 2 people running for President. and the children are being brainwashed to believe that there are only two political parties.

I think I'm going to send in a letter of my own, addressed to the two teachers involved, explaining that there are 4 people on the PA ballot running for POTUS (with at least 6 major candidates running nationwide), and they are doing these children a disservice by ignoring ALL the possibilities.

GGRRR.

Any other suggestions on what I might be able to do about this?

My kids think they'll get in trouble if they wrote a letter to Obama asking him to withdraw from the race on the grounds that he is NOT a proven natural-born citizen, or if they write to McCain asking him to withdraw from the race based on him giving our country away to illegal aliens.

(Yes, my kids know quite a bit about the current political crisis - they are afraid of what the teachers will do if they submit the assignments the way they want to.)
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

Re: Elementary Mock Presidential Vote

Quote Originally Posted by SeaTurtle
    My kids think they'll get in trouble if they wrote a letter to Obama asking him to withdraw from the race on the grounds that he is NOT a proven natural-born citizen, or if they write to McCain asking him to withdraw from the race based on him giving our country away to illegal aliens.

(Yes, my kids know quite a bit about the current political crisis - they are afraid of what the teachers will do if they submit the assignments the way they want to.)
    Have them stand up for their freedom of speech and if they get lousy grades, take it to the principal.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Funny that you should bring that up. The 4th and 5th graders at my daughters school is doing the same thing. They sent a letter home regarding this. I asked my kids' kindergarten teacher if the other candidates were going to be represented. She said and I kid you not, "what other candidates?" When the general population doesn't even know, then we are in trouble.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

jshhmr, today my girls said they asked something about other candidates, and the female teacher was clueless ...

I am writing my letter tonight and sending it in with them on Tuesday (they're on a 4 day weekend now).

We are in SO much trouble if the teachers don't even know there's a choice!
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008