Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Elvira Arellano's new movie

Remember the church mouse Elvira Arellano?

Immigrant Nation, at the Chicago Latino Film Festival

The upcoming Chicago Latino Film Festival is going to be filled with great works from around the world, but one of the most anticipated Chicago debuts will be very local. Esaú Meléndez, a local filmmaker, is making waves with his documentary "Immigrant Nation: A Battle for the Dream". He is excited to make the films local debut after recently winning the Cine Latino Award at the 2010 DC International Film Fest.

It all started when Esaú found himself moved by what he experienced on March 10 2006, this is when thousands of people marched in Chicago for immigrant rights. Esaú was disappointed in the media coverage of, not only the marches, but the media's coverage of the entire movement. As he filmed and followed the movement in Chicago and around the United States Esaú met many people, all with their own story about how they were effected. He talked to people that were part of the Minute Men, a paramilitary group hell bent to keep foreigners out of the US, as well as the undocumented and their supporters.

Immigrant Nation follows the story of Elvira Arellano, who took refuge in a local church when the government was trying her as a criminal for being an undocumented worker. You will be able to see Esau's film during the Chicago Latino Film Festival at the Landmark Century Center on
    Sunday April 18th at 4pm
    Friday April 23rd at 9:45pm
    Wednesday April 28th at 6:30pm

find out more about the film and where else it will be showing at http://www.immigrantnationfilm.com/

— MartinJon / Comments (0)

http://gapersblock.com/ac/2010/04/13/im ... -festival/

Elvira IS a criminal who used FALSE documents to aquire a job at O'Hare Airport.

She is guilty of Illegal Immigration, ID theft PLUS refusing to leave the country when DHS ordered her to leave. Instead she went to a church to live which refused to turn her over to be deported.

Finally DHS caught her in CA. where she had the GALL to protest our Immigration Laws.She was deported to Mexico.

Gone but not forgotten.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

A cinematic sob story. Just wonder if Esau bothered to contact the unemployed Americans living on the streets due to losing their jobs to the cheap, low-skilled illegals?
    I doubt that I would have the stomach to sit through it without throwing something.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BAAAARF!

As we used to say back in the day..."Oh gag me with a spoon!"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

MW
    USPatriot wrote:

Elvira IS a criminal who used FALSE documents to aquire a job at O'Hare Airport.

She is guilty of Illegal Immigration, ID theft PLUS refusing to leave the country when DHS ordered her to leave. Instead she went to a church to live which refused to turn her over to be deported.

Finally DHS caught her in CA. where she had the GALL to protest our Immigration Laws.She was deported to Mexico.

Gone but not forgotten.
    If I remember correctly, Elvira was also guilty of reentry (she had been previously deported).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    USPatriot wrote:

Gone but not forgotten.
    If I remember correctly, Elvira was also guilty of reentry (she had been previously deported).
    You are correct MW.

Though in my opinion, her worst crime was using her little boy to benefit herself. She's a selfish, selfish woman and I'm so glad she's outta here!

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    A cinematic sob story. Just wonder if Esau bothered to contact the unemployed Americans living on the streets due to losing their jobs to the cheap, low-skilled illegals?
    I doubt that I would have the stomach to sit through it without throwing something.
    A cinamatic sob story!! I love that!