Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Folks, rather than take the Race approach...all I can say is that Elvira has "spit" in every true American's eye. Regardless of your struggle, walk of faith, etc. My way ahead on this is to stand by my fellow American's and do everything I can to put an end to this miscarriage of Justice! Elvira has been deported, how long to you think it will take her to come back and do the same thing? I believe our efforts should be to look into this and help stop her and others from crossing again and "spitting" in our faces.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizen
    As a Black American I am offended by those comments as well. As most American are probably offended by it. Miss Rosa Parks stood up for what the belived was right.

She didn't hide out like a common criminal they way Elvira did.

Illegals and their supporters are always comparing their so called plight... to the struggles of Blacks and the Civil Rights Movements.

I find it insulting and down right disrespective to compare their illegal activities and demands.... to the struggles of Blacks in their effort to attain equal rights under the law.
    I totally agree. As an American, it absolutely disgusts me that these illegal aliens talk about their civil rights struggle. How dare they!

Comparing law breakers to the civil rights movement is horrible. How can you compare the fight to give Black Americans equal rights to these horrible criminals? Black Americans were denied rights because of the color of their skin and treated horrible-horrible isn't even a strong enough word. Illegal Aliens are denied NOTHING. They can go back to their country if it is so lousy here. And to make it worse, Illegal Aliens now have more rights than all Americans.

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    If I recall correctly Rosa Parks was a US CITIZEN and she didn't try to hide in a pretend church run by a communist after she was arrested. She went to court and argued her case.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Where is loudmouth Jesse Jackson?
    Where is loudmouth Al Sharpton?
    Where is the NAACP?
    Why isn't the Congressional Black Caucus speaking out?
    With their heads stuck in the sand, or up their as***!!!!

Any comparison between Rosa Parks and Elvira Arellano is completely without merit, and a slap in the face to every American who ever resorted to civil disobedience to secure their constitutional rights, or the rights of others. What Rosa Parks, and countless others, did during the civil rights movement, was to openly violate laws they believed were unjust, and/or unconstitutional, then submit to arrest and trial, and when convicted, punishment. They did not flee justice, or try to evade imprisonment. That is non-violent civil disobedience; and it is an honorable and sometimes very brave thing to do when conscience demands it.

What Elvira Arellano did was not civil disobedience; she knowingly committed federal crimes, including a federal felony, then attempted to evade arrest for those offenses, and when tried and convicted, sought to escape lawful punishment. Those actions are not civil disobedience at all; they are the actions of a felon on the run, intended for purely selfish motives, not moral principle, and as such, no different from the actions of any common criminal. There is no moral purpose there; all I see is a woman who for her own selfish reasons, tried to beat the system.

For such a person to cloak themselves in the mantle of the civil rights movement is a disgrace; but then, what would one expect from a felon who hid behind the doors of a church to avoid the lawful punishment for her crimes.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

"I've never given anybody hell; I just tell the truth on them, and they think it's hell!" - Harry Truman

The Rosa Parks issue and the civil rights movement was about equality of citizens and no legality of a person. There was no question of citizenship.

Great post Deb!

Quote Originally Posted by fedupDeb
    Quote Originally Posted by NCByrd
    Where is loudmouth Jesse Jackson?
    Where is loudmouth Al Sharpton?
    Where is the NAACP?
    Why isn't the Congressional Black Caucus speaking out?

Why are blacks being sold out to the illegals?
    Jesse Jackson is lining his pockets
    Al Sharpton is lining his pockets
    The NAACP is close to extinction
    The CBC is busy pandering to the pro-illegals

The blacks are being sold out for the same reason whites and other legal citizens are being sold out...GREED.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

There are people who want to make Eliviria out to be a martyr but the truth is Elvira is criminal. Rosa Parks fought to have the laws changed for equality. Elvria and other illegals have caused too much damage to America.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12