Txxx, my first husband was a Mexican national who came here illegally. I have tried to help others here and in Mexico to better themselves.

I go to Mexico and do what I can to help them and their children with XXXX Interface program for surgical intervention. Trying to give them smiles they deserve through plastic surgery.

I travel all over the world and every country has its border problems that we as Americans don't hear about. This is a world problem and we are all part of this world. I think I view this differently than many Americans because I don't think we deserve to be called Americans.

Who are we to claim that name when we took this land from the true natives and South Americans or Canadians can use that name just as well. I do not hold anything against any race who has immigrated to another country to try for a better life.

Hi Hxxxx,

I agree there are interwoven problems concerning this matter. I have nothing against any race. There is a pivot point when the balance is disrupted and the people trying to help become the people in trouble also.

I think our country is at that point. It is all about balance. Our country
is getting overwhelmed and we here are paying the price and it is going to
get worse if it isn't controlled.

Our health care system is getting so expensive an individual like myself
cannot afford it and yes lawyers have a hand in that also, but when you turn away your own citizens and give aid to people that are illegally here, then that is wrong.

Going to help someone in need, of your own free will, is one thing. I
commend you for that.

But being pushed aside in your own country, that your forefathers helped
build, for someone who just crossed our borders to get free medical and to take our jobs is not right.

I don't know if I sent you what I wrote about the recession in the late
80's but my husband's job got taken by an illegal and he could not find a
job during that time. All the masonry outfits were hiring illegal Mexicans
to keep working. When it gets to a point where that happens then something is very wrong.

I have struggled all my life. I have worked in the fields. I have been out
of work. Well I am now as a matter of fact. I don't have a good insurance
plan. I don't have a secure future. Financially I am not where you are. I
think this makes us have different view points.

You said how borders all over the world have their problems. Well of
course. There are all different reasons there are border problems. Other
nations are probably doing a better job of protecting themselves then we are and are not being invaded.

Concerning our Americanism. Throughout history lands have been overtaken. That is a world problem and a human tendency it seems to conquer other nations. What is done is done. Catholics did a lot of damage also. They went in and made people convert to their religion.

We are Americans now. You can't change history. I am very proud to be an American. I speak English and if I go to another country that doesn't, I
don't expect them to bend over backwards to put my language everywhere. I don't expect to hear their National Anthem in my language. It is THEIR country.

I just want Americans to stand up for our rights and stop worrying about
offending everyone.

So Hxxxx that is how I feel. I love you much. We are both good people
trying to do good as we see it.