Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Email i received from Senator Inhofe

This guy has my vote for reelection!!

Dear Mr. ***********:

Thank you for your comments regarding illegal immigration. I have stated many times that any immigration solution I will support must address our porous border, must not provide amnesty or reward illegal behavior, and must improve the naturalization process for those who come here legally. On May 15th, the Senate returned its attention to immigration. As the debate ensues, I appreciate knowing how you feel on this important issue.

In December 2005, I introduced an immigration bill called the ENFORCE Act (S. 2117). The ENFORCE Act would authorize a high security, state-of-the-art fence along the southern border, create an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) office in Tulsa, and establish a National Border Neighborhood Watch program (described below). To crack down on many of the social benefits that illegal immigrants receive, the ENFORCE Act would discontinue Social Security and in-state tuition benefits for illegal immigrants. It would also provide ways to better enforce the laws we currently have in place and make illegal presence in the United States a felony. Furthermore, my bill would address the confusion surrounding the current interpretation of the 14 th Amendment by stating that only children born to at least one parent who is a citizen or legal permanent resident should become American citizens themselves. The full text of S. 2117 is available on the Library of Congress website (http://thomas.loc.gov).

Due to Democrat opposition, the ENFORCE Act is still in the Judiciary Committee, but it includes many of the measures that I would like to see addressed in any immigration bill. I attempted to include key provisions of S. 2117 as separate amendments to the immigration bill in April, but was unable due to obstructionist tactics used by the other party. Despite these tactics, I plan to reintroduce my amendments to the immigration legislation currently before the Senate, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006 (S. 2611).

My first amendment ( S.A. 3205) establishes a National Border Neighborhood Watch (NBNW) program. Modeled after local neighborhood watch programs, NBNW will provide a way for civilian volunteers, much like the well-known Minutemen, to report immigration violations and suspicious activity to Border Patrol agents. Specifically, retired law enforcement officers, known as the Border Regiment Assisting in Valuable Enforcement (BRAVE) Force, will field these reports and work as a part of the Border Patrol in stopping illegal border crossings and reducing infiltration rates. I am hopeful that the NBNW program will have the same effect in reducing illegal border crossings as the Neighborhood Watch Program has had in reducing crime where implemented. I also believe that the BRAVE Force will provide significant assistance to the Minutemen, who are sacrificing their time and energy as they work to preserve our liberties and assist border patrol in enforcing our laws.

Another amendment I plan to offer ( S.A. 3470) makes English the official language of the United States . This amendment states that English is our official language and that no person has an entitlement to services or materials in languages other than English unless specifically provided by law. I believe that a common language makes common sense. As Americans, we must be able to communicate with each other. Twenty-six states and 51 nations have already made English their official language and polls show tremendous support for the federal government to do this as well. I hope that my colleagues will listen to the outcry from the American people to codify our common language.

Like you, I am concerned about the ease with which illegal aliens are able to enter the United States . Like you, I desire a solution to this problem that will adequately address this issue, not just place a temporary "band aid" on it. Like you, I want immigrants who come here legally to assimilate into our society by learning English and actively participating in civic affairs. Please know that I will continue to work on this and every issue with the best interest of Oklahoma in mind. Your comments and suggestions are valued. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

kniggit, welcome to our fight. I am proud of Senator Inhofe. esp since I am from Oklahoma. thanks!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Inhofe

I got the same from Sen Inhofe. This is the first time in my life I have ever emailed politicians. I am impressed by his stand also. I am also an Okie.