I get emails from Jan Brewer this came today....

Support Arizona – Shop Local Arizona Businesses

In the past few weeks, I have received quite a few emails from folks from across the country looking for ways to support Arizona businesses. There are a lot of helpful websites out there that have listings of Arizona businesses.

While there isn’t any single source for all Arizona businesses, I’d like to take a minute today to highlight Local First Arizona which is a coalition of locally owned, independent businesses in Arizona. These are locally based companies that employ Arizona workers. Click here to visit their website. We all know how important local economies are to successful, stable, and sustainable communities.

As part of their effort, they also have a listing of Arizona stores who have online shops for those who would like to make purchases. Click here to get a listing of stores.

I appreciate all of the encouragement that I have received over the past few months and all of the efforts to support Arizona. This year, June 28th through July 4th marks the 8th anniversary of National Independents Week, a time we celebrate independent businesses from around the state. I encourage you to take a minute to find some opportunities to shop locally online or come to Arizona yourself and check out some of these amazing businesses.

I appreciate all of the encouragement that I have received over the past few months and all of the efforts to support Arizona. This year, June 28th through July 4th marks the 8th anniversary of National Independents Week, a time we celebrate independent businesses from around the state. I encourage you to take a minute to find some opportunities to shop locally online or come to Arizona yourself and check out some of these amazing businesses.

Support Local Arizona Businesses!

Arizonans are increasingly passionate about supporting the local economy. We’ve decided to help out by highlighting some of our members who have online shopping carts (and some of their favorite affordable items!) so you can check out the wide range of products that Arizona has to offer! This list will be continuously updated, so bookmark and check back often.

Of course, you can ALWAYS find tons of locally-owned Arizona businesses in our online directory at www.localfirstaz.com!

http://localfirstaz.com/news/2010/05/19 ... -business/

Kathyet