Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Email to me from Rep. Ben Chandler, Ky.

June 1, 2007

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns regarding immigration and border security. As your representative in Congress, I appreciate the benefit of your views on this important issue.

I strongly support efforts to stop illegal immigration, improve border security, and develop a border management system that enhances homeland security while facilitating legitimate travel and trade. Our immigration system has many weaknesses that require greater attention from federal, state, and local governments. We must continue to strengthen our immigration policies until we secure our borders and successfully account for all foreign visitors within our country.

In order to improve our immigration system, we must increase security at our borders and integrate new technologies to prevent known criminals and suspected terrorists from entering our country. Hundreds of miles of our border go unmonitored by either personnel or technology every day. The federal government still needs to hire an additional 2,000 inspectors and develop a new staffing strategy to deal with immigration control issues along both the northern and southern borders. We must also expedite the automated biometric procedures at the different points of entry into the country. These procedures will rely on fingerprints and digital imaging to verify when foreign individuals enter the United States. This will expedite the traveling process for legitimate passengers while enhancing security at our nation's airports and seaports.

In addition to removing dangerous loopholes in our immigration system, I am also opposed to granting blanket amnesty to all undocumented immigrants inside our borders. On March 22, 2007, the Security Through Regularized Immigration and a Vibrant Economy Act of 2007 was introduced in the House. This bill has provisions addressing border security, a legalization process for immigrants, a temporary worker program and new visas for family and merit-based situations so that those trying to come to the U.S. legally are not at a disadvantage. At this time, the Senate is also debating legislation. Please rest assured that I will continue to support legislation that allows for legal immigration while strengthening America's borders.

I appreciate the time you have taken to contact me about this issue. Learning all I can about the issues affecting Central Kentucky is an important aspect of my job as your Congressman. Please feel free to stay in touch and contact my Lexington or Washington office if I may be of any assistance on this or any other matter. I also encourage you to visit my web site (http://chandler.house.gov) to sign up for my e-newsletter and learn more about the issues on which I am working.

Thank you again for your comments, and please feel free to contact me anytime I can be of assistance to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Ben Chandler
    Member of Congress
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

MOOSE
    I don't like this DOUBLE SPEAK.

Have you called and asked SPECIFIC questions?
    ASKED FOR THE HUGE TEXT of the bill?

There is NO border security
    There IS bilateral HEALTH CARE W/MEX

There are enough loopholes to drive a fleet of mex tractor trailers through
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great letter, I'm glad you took the time to write your elected rep. I just bought a house in KY and have been calling both Senators.

Quote Originally Posted by magyart
    Great letter, I'm glad you took the time to write your elected rep. I just bought a house in KY and have been calling both Senators.
    MAG
    congrats on the new home! May you have nothing but happiness

But look up at this letter and see what this guy is saying.
    It's not great, MAG..........it's double speak.

That's not good for Kentucky. He's all but condoning the "border security, etc. in the GRAND COMPROMISE AMNESTY"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi Magyart,
    Welcome to KY. I've lived here all my life. It's been a wonderful place to grow up and raise a family. Now, however, I'm worried about their future and that of this beautiful land. Here in Lexington, buses arrive at least twice a week directly from Mexico. Crime, pollution, fraud......you name it has increased. We must continue this battle against the invasion. McConnell is a snake, Chandler may not be far behind. The only one in our court right now is Bunning.
    Check out the letter I took to McConnell's office this past Friday!!

June 1, 2007
    To: “Senatorâ€

Chandler's immgration grades from the numbersusa website are:

"B" Career

"B" Recent

http://grades.betterimmigration.com/tes ... VIPID=1145

I don't like words like "regularized" and "legalization," but maybe there is hope for him if he gets enough pressure and calls:

Some staff email addresses for Chandler: (from www.outsourcecongress.org)

Fleming, Denis --Chief of Staff
    Franklin, Reed -- Budget LA
    Glasscock, Will -- Judiciary LA
    Glasscock, William -- Legislative Asst.
    Hille, Amy -- Environment LA
    Judy-Cecil, Veronica -- Constituent Services Director
    Kohler, Keri -- Scheduler
    McCauley, Rebecca -- Staff Asst.
    Nuyes, James -- District Director
    Overman, Elizabeth -- Constituent Services Rep

Denis.Fleming@mail.house.gov,
    Reed.Franklin@mail.house.gov,
    Will.Glasscock@mail.house.gov,
    William.Glasscock@mail.house.gov,
    Amy.Hille@mail.house.gov,
    Veronica.Judy-Cecil@mail.house.gov,
    Keri.Kohler@mail.house.gov,
    Rebecca.McCauley@mail.house.gov,
    James.Nuyes@mail.house.gov,
    Elizabeth.Overman@mail.house.gov,

Chandler is not my district Rep. Mine is Geoff Davis.

I will contact Geoff and find out what Chandler is talking about.

Davis is a Republican, Chandler is a Dem....I wanted to get his view points and bad me...I used his zip code to get to him.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    Chandler is not my district Rep. Mine is Geoff Davis.

I will contact Geoff and find out what Chandler is talking about.

Davis is a Republican, Chandler is a Dem....I wanted to get his view points and bad me...I used his zip code to get to him.
    SMART GAL, lol

Way to go Kentucky Patriots!!!

Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

[quote="blueinky"]Hi Magyart,
    Welcome to KY. I've lived here all my life. It's been a wonderful place to grow up and raise a family. Now, however, I'm worried about their future and that of this beautiful land. Here in Lexington, buses arrive at least twice a week directly from Mexico. Crime, pollution, fraud......you name it has increased. We must continue this battle against the invasion. McConnell is a snake, Chandler may not be far behind. The only one in our court right now is Bunning.
    Check out the letter I took to McConnell's office this past Friday!!

June 1, 2007
    To: “Senatorâ€