Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

email reply from Sen. Bill Nelson (Fl.)

Hi Folks,

Just received this email in reply to my email(s) to Sen. Nelson. Although it's a form letter, they actually put my name on it.

Thanks for contacting me about immigration. All of us can agree the system is broken and needs to be fixed.

I believe the U.S. needs a smart, realistic plan to address illegal immigration—one that protects our borders and ensures that all immigrants play by the rules. To protect our borders, we need to use cutting-edge technology, including unmanned aerial vehicles. And, we need to enforce our existing laws. We also need to create a guest worker program that provides a path to legal status for those who qualify and play by the rules and deports those who do not. Playing by the rules means paying your taxes, keeping a job, and learning English.

Recently, I, along with a majority of the Senate, supported bipartisan legislation that will help secure the country’s borders while also dealing fairly with the millions of illegal immigrants already living and working in the country. Several of my provisions were added that toughened the underlying bill. They include adding 20,000 detention beds; requiring the integration of new surveillance technologies such as unmanned aerial vehicles; keeping members of criminal gangs from entering the country; and increasing the number of Justice Department lawyers and other staff to more efficiently process immigration cases. Senate and House negotiators will now try to work out a final version of the bill.

Thanks for sharing your concerns with me, and don’t hesitate to contact me again.

P.S. From time to time, I compile electronic news briefs highlighting key issues and hot topics of particular importance to Floridians. If you'd like to receive these e-briefs, visit my Web site and sign up for them at http://billnelson.senate.gov/news/ebriefs.cfm
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

The moment I see the words
    "guest worker program" they totally lose me after that. My mind goes numb .

What a panderer. We cannot re-elect him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

traitor

Oh, I'm responding to that portion of his letter...taking advantage of his kind request for me to
    don’t hesitate to contact me again.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

I got the very same letter. He is a waste of your time. He will not turn around.

However since all the Floridians are here. He is up in November. What are all of your thoughts on voting. Looks like Harris will be running against him and I do not want her either. Has anybody looked at the other candidates?

GFC
    Is the guest worker program only open to Mexican and Latin American citizens.

curious pat wrote
    we need to use cutting-edge technology, including unmanned aerial vehicles. And, we need to enforce our existing laws.
    They will twist this around so that it fattens some of the corps at taxpayer expense. All they have to do is go after the employers (taboo) and Mr. Bush must put the National Guard on some kind of alert to mobilize and build a fence (the fence would have to inlcude a 30ft deep ditch on the south side of the fenced area and mulit-layer it with wire. I'd rather see the National Guard performing their two weeks out of every year on the border--armed, than what this so-called President is proposing. Another thing..a paved road for military vehichles would be fine.

If Mr. Bush would show a sign of 'goodwill' by doing this to show the American people that he's serious about what he says about needing our borders SECURED. Imagine how much drug trafficing would come to a hault? Also, doesn't it seem like these pro-illegal idiots in Washington are trying to funnel money to the corporates here through government projects like this high tech proposal? Of course, this shouldn't suprise me.

So, rather than spend the money on a viable border deterence to secure American citizens, they'll use that money to spend so that the corporate cronies would benefit, not the Ameican citizens. You can forget high tech, I really think that installation and maintenance would not survive the vandilism that it would be subjected to. A fence and road with a National Guardsman would be much more of a deterence than some stupid spy camera or motion detector. All sounds kind of hocus-pocus to me. Give us something visible to deter them with, that'll stop them and Vincente will have to deal with it, or should I say, the Mexican people. High tech points of installation would be spaced apart, depending on the range of such apparatises. A fence with a manned road is much more security for our money. However, they'd rather spend the money and make their buddies rich than to employ us Americans to build the fenced road and pay us prevailing wages at the same time (not to say that the contractor wouldn't benefit but REAL jobs for Americans would be created). OOOOoooh--but don't let the citizen benefit---it should be Joe Corporate that should benefit. What a jackass attitude (a dis-service and a punch in the stomach to the American worker). This two party system is defunct.

They got the second part to the quote above right.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hate to tell ya but that form letter looks familiar.

WILL NOT bot for this man. I have e-mailed him and told him so.
    What Goes Around Comes Around

I got the same letter but not from Nelson. I got the same letter from both, Martinez and Mario Diaz-Balart. Nelson did not answer my letter. He is DEFINITIVELY not getting my vote.

Does anybody know who are the other candidates besides Harris? Please let me know. Thanks.