Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Email on SCHIPP/CHIP from Dianne Feinstein

She must be behind on the email as I just received this today:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), which is a federal-state partnership designed to provide health insurance coverage to low-income children. I understand the concerns you have raised and welcome the opportunity to respond.

On January 29, 2009, the Senate voted 66 to 32 to pass H.R. 2, the Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009. I recognize your apprehension about a provision in this legislation that gives States the option to enroll legal immigrant children and pregnant women in Medicaid and CHIP, without a five-year waiting period. To be clear, illegal immigrants have never been entitled to receive these benefits. This bill maintains this prohibition.

Additionally, the bill requires that legal immigrant children and pregnant women who are eligible for these benefits present proof of their immigration status in the United States and renew their eligibility every year. There is an option in this Act that allows States to complete the documentation process for U.S. citizens through the Social Security Administration. However, this documentation process does not apply to legal immigrants.

Most importantly, the Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009 enables States to provide an additional four million children from low-income families with health care coverage. Currently, there are approximately nine million children in the United States who lack health insurance. This bill improves a program that can help meet the basic health care needs of some of the country's most vulnerable children. On February 4, 2009, President Barack Obama signed this legislation into law (Public Law No. 111-3).

The Senate dedicated hours of bipartisan debate to this bill, and Senators from both sides of the aisle had the opportunity to offer amendments. I welcome you to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841 if you have any questions or additional comments on this important topic. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
    United States Senator

This bill improves a program that can help meet the basic health care needs of some of the country's most vulnerable children.
    Those making 200.000 and below....the real vunerable are covered under medicade already. It takes money from those above medicade level and has them fund the others, while the smokers ALONE are punished. I'm a hair above poverty, I fund for children who's parents could pay, at the expense of my own insurance.....which I need, because I am a smoker.

You will make me a burden because you take my money from me and give it to others who don't NEED it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CRAZYBIRD, BUY THEM FROM CHINA.

CRAZYBIRD, BUY THEM FROM CHINA.
    Sorry....I'm an American tobacco smoker. I'm not saying it's right or good or anything.....but I started smoking years before they even had the pregnancy thing....or any other health alerts. 45 cents a pack. KOOLS. I should sue the American Government for letting this happen....if they want to play.

I smoked....my kids are exceptionally smart, even though I smoked through their pregnancy period. I smoked....my kids DIDN'T grow up to be smokers either. I don't advocate it, I don't make others suffer....just leave me alone!!!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I feel for you crazybird. I quit smoking last year...and NO I don't feel any better. Honestly I think smokers are really discriminated against. When I did smoke I NEVER got near anyone,always obeyed the laws. Here in California you're more likely to get busted for smoking than if you're an illegal stealing! Here we go attacking a legal substance,legal people and the illegals and everything else that is illegal is legal. We're SO bass ackwards/upside down! The government is dedicated to bust all those evil cigarette smokers yet do they go after illegal drug smugglers???? NO. Oh I get so mad. They should TAX Mexico for their own damn people!

I do remember when the first smoker won something. It was millions...ment to help the smokers.....but it went to "education" where MY KID was involved in the anti-smoking venture. They WON in Florida....their school got MILLIONS in funds for doing so......but nothing for the actual smokers.

Must confess I smoke too, and only an ultralight American cig. Bad habit started at 16 just to be cool. When I was roaming around Europe and the Middle East, American brands were imports and cost six times more than a pack of local cigs. I had the experience of trying out local brands, and believe me, they all made me sick, and tasted like mowed lawn with a hint of garlic and camel dung. Yum!