Emails: Foundation 'resources' used for Chelsea Clinton's wedding

By PETE KASPEROWICZ
11/6/16 10:04 AM

An email released by WikiLeaks on Sunday appears to show a former top aide to Bill Clinton arguing that an investigation into Clinton Foundation spending would show that Chelsea Clinton used foundation resources for her own wedding.

The email, stolen from Clinton campaign Chairman John Podesta and published by WikiLeaks, shows a back-and-forth between Podesta and Doug Band, a former aide to Bill Clinton.

From:doug@presidentclinton.comTo: john.podesta@gmail.com CC: terry@tdmca.com, cheryl.mills@gmail.com Date: 2012-01-04 21:45Subject: Re:

I learned from the bestThe investigation into her getting paid for campaigning, using foundation resources for her wedding and life for a decade, taxes on money from her parents....I hope that you will speak to her and end this Once we go down this road....

----- Original Message -----From: John Podesta

[mailto:john.podesta@gmail.com]Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 05:00 PMTo: Doug BandCc: terry@tdmca.com <terry@tdmca.com>; cheryl.mills@gmail.com <cheryl.mills@gmail.com>Subject:
Re:
You are perfecting your skills for understatement.

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM, Doug Band <doug@presidentclinton.com> wrote:

> I just received a call from a close friend of wjcs who said that cvc told one of the bush 43 kids that she is conducting an internal investigation of money within the foundation from cgi to the foundation

> The bush kid then told someone else who then told an operative within the republican party>> I have heard more and more chatter of cvc and bari talking about lots of what is going on internally to people>> Not smart

Band said he heard that Chelsea Clinton was "conducting an internal investigation of money within the foundation from cgi [Clinton Global Initiative] to the foundation." He said he was hearing more "chatter" about how Chelsea was talking about internal issues like that, and said it was "not smart."

In a later follow-up to Podesta, Band wrote, "The investigation into her getting paid for campaigning, using foundation resources for her wedding and life for a decade, taxes on money from her parents..."ay

"I hope that you will speak to her and end this," Band added. "Once we go down this road..."

Other emails showed Band feuding with Chelsea Clinton. For instance, Clinton had warned that Band was using Bill Clinton's name without his consent to win clients to his firm, and Band replied by saying Chelsea was a "spoiled brat kid."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/emails-foundation-resources-used-for-chelsea-clintons-wedding/article/2606615

Top Story