Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Enforce immigration laws now -- period

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.d ... 80303/1010

The article "Northern governor campaigns on border issues down South" (Feb. 4) described how Gov. Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota says we need to enforce our immigration laws. Bravo, governor.

Others say we need to "legalize" illegals and make them guest workers. The Senate wants to do exactly that very soon (March).

Do you think there are no guest worker programs? Most people don't realize that there are many. Here's a sampling:

# High tech visas (H-1Bs) cap -- 85,000 a year for private business, unlimited slots for colleges and universities.

# Ag workers (H-2As) -- unlimited slots.

# Seasonal workers (H-2Bs) -- 66,000 a year.

# Intracompany transferees (L-1s) -- unlimited.

# Religious workers -- unlimited.

# Workers with "extraordinary ability" in sciences or arts -- unlimited.

# Athletes and entertainers -- unlimited.

Shall I go on?

It's not that we don't allow guest workers, it's that greed for cheap labor knows no boundaries. (Do heroin addicts ever have enough heroin?)

In the last 20 years we have also given several amnesties that let in millions, and our legal immigration system allows in more immigrants than all other nations combined!

But ever since the House of Representatives passed an immigration bill that looked like it might enforce the law (November), we've heard nothing but wailing from the special interests who want more, more, more cheap labor.

It's time We the People put our foot down with our senators who will take up the issue in March and tell them "We have had it!" -- no amnesty. No guest worker program. Just enforcement.

Teela Roche, Anderson
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This crap will continue until a "certain ethnic group" that sits at the top of American society has erased all vestiges of European-American culture. Then we will become a literal tower of Babel and this "certain ethnic group" will control the world from it's headquarters in America.

In the "melting pot" sewer that America is becoming through civil rights and diversity, the most unified group will win. And "they" are definitely the most unified.

I agree. This is ridiculous. I am tired of riding the subway and everywhere I look I see hispanics speaking Spanish, Asians speaking their native languages and reading newspapers in their native language. It is really irritating. If you come here, LEARN ENGLISH! Make some EFFORT! And this goes for all those European immigrants too, not just hispanics and Asians.
    Individualism leads to anarchism. A collective society has more to offer than an isolationist/individualist one.

In the "melting pot" sewer that America is becoming through civil rights and diversity, the most unified group will win. And "they" are definitely the most unified.
    That's only for now...their unification won't matter once enough Americans decide to unify...there are millions of us now and millions more on the way. More people are waking up, more people are becoming angry..more people are making demands. We'll get there...hang on.

Americans are sometimes too slow to anger....much too slow...as in this case. With their pitiful little stories about families being separated and walking for days in the heat and being taken advantage of by the coyotes, etc and so forth...Americans have been beaten over the head with a guilt trip. Foreigners are JUST THAT...foreign...and we owe them not one darn thing.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Nope, anyone wanting to come live here, needs to know English before entering our Country.

There's one Country that is thinking about doing this...I THINK IT'S DENMARK.....I could be wrong.

Anyway, they are talking about the immigrant needs to speak their language, learn the laws of the land, learn about their culture and agree to assimilate, or they will not be allowed entrance.

I like that!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

How to secure an area

Anyone that is in law enforcement or that has been or in the military or has been knows that you secure a place by setting up a perimeter. You do not set up a perimeter with doorways. So the ideal of a guest worker program with a bill that is suppose to secure our borders is not valid and can not work. That is why if we ever want security on our border that is where we need to start. Once you secure a well established perimeter you then clean up the interior. Only then when this is accomplished can you even give a thought to guest worker program.

As for English, it should be the only language on official documents and the only thing that our schools should be taught in. Some of you may be aware that we currently have governemnt documents for our elections in other languages. That means we could have an elected offical that speaks absolutely no english. As for a second language in high school that is fine but is just a means to futher you education at that point.

Someone may be able to tell me what law, bill or act that made it possible to take citizenship test in a foreign language (I think you can take it in spanish).

All in all a big problem with all this is 80% of americans feel the same way as we do. Why can we not get this fixed? People need to stop being scared and start seaking up (in English).