Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Untill they are forced to learn english they will not.
    Students are the oly immigrants that have a chance because they are taught in school and if they are at a good school they will have to learn it.
    The problem is the adults who do not force their children to learn english and who they themselves don't try to.

I moved here when I was 2 from Mexico and learned English when I was 5 when I started school. I was forced to learn it, not only in school but my parents, they took me out of ESL and bilingual classes if it wasn't for that than who knows how my English would be now.

I still speak fluently in Spanish, it is what we speak at home and when we visit Mexico, since I have a lot of family. But I am the example of the possiblility of learning English there is no excuse, If you want to learn it you will.

When I worked at payless I had a lady tell my Hispanic mangager(who does not speak spanish very well, nor does he have to) "oh you need to practice your spanish, for business"(she said this in spanish) he told her"yeah ok, well when you learn English I promise to practice my Spanish" she quickly paid and walked out.

A picture from KUWAIT, gratis of one of the Councilmen we've had the privilege to work with in his town's FOCUS CAMPAIGN. The campaign was for a resolution to make English the official language! He took this while in Kuwait a few weeks ago.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here in Miami, the reason why many hispanics don't like to learn english is because the local government translates all government programs for them in Spanish. Gosh, what a service. I am multilingual, Dutch, German and English and I wonder if they can also translate all programs and signs for me since I'm legal and taxpaying resident of Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas_USA
    Here in Miami, the reason why many hispanics don't like to learn english is because the local government translates all government programs for them in Spanish. Gosh, what a service. I am multilingual, Dutch, German and English and I wonder if they can also translate all programs and signs for me since I'm legal and taxpaying resident of Miami.
    Why don't you ask them and see what kind of a response you get? I don't imagine you'd get one, but it would make a point. I've often thought that as bad as it is for native born Americans to be forced to learn Spanish, just imagine what it is like for someone coming from a foreign country who struggled to learn to speak English and then find out that they have to learn Spanish in the US!

Seriously, stop issuing so many licenses to non-English TV and Radio broadcast stations. Also, quit supplying translators. Make them pay for the translators. That will put a stop to it.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12