Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Great post, I can totally relate! I think it is a huge safety issue. Plus who knows what they are saying and I am not good at learning at other languages and why should I really? Some of these people have been here very long times and should not need interpretors and such.

It is also important to remember the legal aspect.

If I can go into a court room and use translations of laws and judgments, I think I would be able to get away with anything, anytime. Besides if the languages available didn't suit your purposes just what is to keep you from coming up with one that will?

In the Boy Scouts there was a game were you passed a secret from one person to the next, all the way around the circle. I don't remember it ever matching up with the original message sent out.

That is the thing with the Bible I suspect sometimes. It has been through so many translations that sometimes it needs the one more that you give it yourself.

P.S. I had a message from Comcast on my phone today. The bulk of it was in Spanish. It really put me in a mood.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12