Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm very sad to be reporting this, but it appears that the realities of local govt. have smacked the Jamiel's Law effort in the face.

The City contacted the Shaw Family and informed them that they had come up short on signatures. This is not surprising. Approx. 74,000 were needed and a little over 76,000 were turned in. Consequently, knowing that some would be ruled invalid (outside the City of L.A., illegible, not a registered voter, etc.) we knew the margin of error was tight. What is "surprising" is that the Shaws were informed that they had only turned in 18,000 some odd signatures. That is not the case. They turned in over 76,000. When the family said "What are you talking about," they were invited to come pick up the petitions. When the Aunt went over to collect them from the proper office, she was instructed to go to a side-entrance warehouse where she was finally given back the boxes she had turned in, however, many of the petition packets were missing.

Typical corrupt L.A. govt bull**it. Local authorities want to avoid any discussion of illegal immigration like I wanted to avoid a Hillary Clinton presidency.

The family, being the courageous folks they are, have no intention of stopping their effort. However, as you can imagine, lots of SoCal anti-illegal immigration activists are more than a bit depressed at this moment.

This is very sad, but your right not surprising....If only there was a way we could figure out HOW to go after these kind of people.

What a shame they did not have a lawyer to turn over the signatures, what it comes down to is Americans are going to have to learn to think ahead and protect ourselves from creeps and thiefs like this ahead of time, In other words plan for them to try anything and everything to stop us..
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I was floored when I saw this in my email this morning...There is a link posted to get the ball rolling again.

Very Bad News Re Jamiel's Law: Short On Signatures
    By Walter Moore, Candidate for Mayor of Los Angeles, WalterMooreForMayor.com
    December 11, 2008

I just received very bad news from the City Clerk's office. Although the Shaw Family estimated they had gathered over 76,000 signatures for Jamiel's Law, the City Clerk's staff count showed just 18,559 signatures.

However, all this means is that Jamiel's Law will not make it onto the May 2009 ballot. With enough signatures, it can still make it onto the next ballot after that.

If you want to help the Shaws get enough signatures to put it on the ballot, you can contribute to their committee so they can hire signature-gatherers and buy advertising to spread the word. Here's the link to the page to do that: Committee to Pass Jamiel's Law. http://web.mac.com/waltermoore/WalterMo ... ittee.html

So let's get up, dust ourselves off, and get back in the battle to save this city.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12