Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ESCONDIDO HIT-AND-RUN DRIVER KILLS 17 YEAR OLD BRIDE-TO-BE

Police looking for car in hit and run

By: DARRYN BENNETT - Staff Writer

ESCONDIDO ---- Police are looking for a mid-1990s model, black or dark green sedan with a damaged front end and leaking radiator that struck and killed a 17-year-old girl Saturday in Escondido, police said Sunday.

Marlene Resendiz of Escondido was pronounced dead at 5:11 p.m. at the intersection of Grand and Fairdale avenues, according to the San Diego County Medical Examiner's office.

The driver fled the scene before police and paramedics arrived, authorities said.

Based on antifreeze found at the collision site, police said they believe the car that fatally struck Resendiz suffered front end damage, including damage to the radiator, headlight, hood and windshield.

Witnesses said Resendiz was crossing the street when she was struck by a four-door, compact sedan traveling east on Grand Avenue.

The driver did not have his lights on and may have been speeding, witnesses told police.

The motorist reportedly drove a short distance with the teenager lying on the front of the car. The driver slowed and the teen fell onto the road, police said. The driver immediately sped up and continued east.

The teenager is survived by her parents, Andres and Theresa Resendiz of Escondido.

The collision is under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call police at (760) 839-4930.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/11 ... _25_07.txt

KNSD-TV

updated 3:48 p.m. PT, Mon., Nov. 26, 2007

ESCONDIDO, Calif. - Police are looking for a driver who ran down a 17-year-old girl as she was crossing the street and drove away without stopping.

Marlene Resendiz, an Escondido resident with six sisters, was engaged to be married next month. Friends said she lived with her fiancé and was going to visit her mother Saturday evening. A car struck her at about 5 p.m. as she crossed the street near the intersection of Grand and Fairdale streets. The car carried her about 100 yards before she fell off the hood.

When police arrived at the scene, the driver was gone and the girl had died.

Friends and family of Resendiz said there are no words to describe the pain they're feeling. Her family is pleading for witnesses to help police track down the driver who killed Resendiz.

"They took a sister. They took a daughter. They took a bride to be ," Sylvia Alvarez, Resendiz's sister, said. "My sisters and I have to be strong, because my mom's destroyed. She says she doesn't want to live anymore."

Witnesses told investigators that the car that hit Resendiz was a black four-door sedan, resembling an older Nissan Sentra or Honda Civic, that was driving with its lights off. The car has severe front-end damage, including damage to the hood and radiator and a missing windshield.

Witnesses told police there was another car on the road next to the suspect vehicle. Police are asking the driver of that car and anyone else with any information to call the Escondido Police Department at 760-839-4722.

The family has set up an account at the Escondido branch of Washington Mutual bank in Resendiz's name to help pay for the cost of funeral expenses. The account number is 4412852653.

VIDEO http://video.nbcsandiego.com/player/?id=188654

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21975102/

I feel so bad for this family.

My daughter was killed by a drunk driver-----it will be 2 years tomorrow.

I know the pain that this family is going through now------and the pain, emptiness, and sorrow---- that will be with them for the rest of their lives.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824

I know the pain that this family is going through now------and the pain, emptiness, and sorrow---- that will be with them for the rest of their lives.
    I am so sorry Bren. My prayers are with you.
    Proud wife of an undocumented ICE agent.
    Definition of a RACIST according to Madeline Cosman : Real American Committed to Integrity Sovereignty and Truth

I'm so sorry about your daughter, Bren4824. I can only imagine your sadness.

I hope they catch the hideous monster who killed this young girl. I can't type here what I'd like to see done to this person.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by corhanem

I am so sorry Bren. My prayers are with you.
    Thanks!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl

I'm so sorry about your daughter, Bren4824. I can only imagine your sadness.

I hope they catch the hideous monster who killed this young girl. I can't type here what I'd like to see done to this person.
    Thanks!!!

He was probably drunk or illegal!!

12-03-07 Update on Fatal Hit and Run Traffic Collision

http://www.ci.escondido.ca.us/police/ne ... -03-07.pdf

I guess I am confused.............

If there was a witness to the accident------and this same witness waited with the victim until the paramedics arrived------why wouldn't they have asked her to wait until the police arrived??

If the police arrived at the same time as the paramedics, why didn't they take the witnesses name, phone number, etc??